Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
That tri color is growing on me. What if I trade my red one in for this one, tri color? Powder coat the rims white and get a black heat shield. hmmm.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
The Ninja is $4199 also if you can find a base model which sell out quick. Then you are stuck paying an extra $300 for stickers. Still carbureted and no ABS in the US. The dummies on Ninjette still think they like carbs better than fuel injection because jet kits are cheaper than fuel controllers. So Kawasaki continues to listen to them and give them carbs. Plus, Honda has the price advantage for it's FI system as they made a big commitment 10 years ago.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I also like the tri-colour, but I couldn't resist picking up a 2011, and not waiting for 2012. The red does look pretty good though. I really do think that Kawasaki should offer fuel injection for the Ninja 250 in the US. But I guess people still buy them, carbs or not, so they'll probably just keep it the same to keep the price down? I can't go back to carbs willingly after getting the CBR. I liked my old Ninja, but I feel like I got more for my money with the CBR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Increase in price in Poland as well.

I bought my bike for $4,600 in November as the end-season deal. Now the price of 2011 version increased to $5,200 and new 2012 version costs $5,600.

All C-ABS models.

Now I'm glad I couldn't resist getting my bike at the end of last season.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I also like the tri-colour, but I couldn't resist picking up a 2011, and not waiting for 2012.
I have decided this is less important to me than it was 2 weeks ago, but meh. I am going to do a vinyl wrap and make it blue, even have selected the image since it wont be plain blue but will have accents. I will probably not get this immediately though, way too much other stuff to do first. I also like the 80s retro color scheme :D

·
Registered
879 Posts
I would have bet that kawasaki would have put fuel injection in the 2012 model just to keep pace with honda. Cant believe thet didnt. There goes some more of there market share. Dummies

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm not sure about that, people I think will buy it regardless of carbs just because it's a little faster than the CBR and they're just looking at a 250 as a stepping stone to a 600+ supersport. I don't agree with that mindset, because to people like them I "downgraded" by getting rid of my Ninja.

·
Registered
878 Posts
And it's easier to tune/change/modify carbs than FI. If I were buying a bike specifically for the track it would be a Ninja over a CBR!! I will take my CBR to the track though.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Sure, so do the MotoGP and F1 racers!! How many guys like us have the programs and equipment though........I know I don't. I thought we were talking about track days not organized sponsored racing. You make a good point though.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I enjoy mountain riding. I hate messing with jetting. This is why all of my bikes will always be injected.;)

I think that tri-color is sharp, but that red is stunning! I am waiting for the right deal on a 2011.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Sure, so do the MotoGP and F1 racers!! How many guys like us have the programs and equipment though........I know I don't. I thought we were talking about track days not organized sponsored racing. You make a good point though.
If you are going to tune, all you need is a fuel controller and wide band auto logger. I never ride my Ninja any more. Carbs suck.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts