Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually really like the Gixxer headlight. One of (if not the only) very few bikes bike to pull off the single headlight.
to be honest, it's growing on me and after seeing the 600's and 750's close up it looks a lot better than the pictures, the overall design is a lot better, the pictures for some reason make it look ugly to me :)

· Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Lewi, these are out of my league since only last week I sat and passed the new NZ Class 6 R test (Aussie P licence). So for me I am restricted to LAMS until I take my Full test in 18 months time :(
nice work on passing your test! :D

That sucks that you're restricted but soon enough you'll be able to buy a bigger bike but i'm sure the cbr will get you through what might feel like a really long 1.5 years :)

Reactions: DamianW

· Registered
724 Posts
Hey LewiCBR250R

I think that ZX6R in your avatar is the best looking SS out there among the Japanese sportbikes and can be had for super cheap. In my area 8300 plus tax new with no fees. Too bad the ergos are a bit too harsh compared to Honda and Suzuki or it would be no question the one to get. The motor rips.

· Registered
341 Posts
Hey LewiCBR250R

I think that ZX6R in your avatar is the best looking SS out there among the Japanese sportbikes and can be had for super cheap. In my area 8300 plus tax new with no fees. Too bad the ergos are a bit too harsh compared to Honda and Suzuki or it would be no question the one to get. The motor rips.
One place here has a ZX-6R for $7721 plus garbage fees, taxes, etc. If the insurance wasn't so expensive I would buy it.

· Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey LewiCBR250R

hey acura

I reckon i'll agree with you there! My fave was the R6 and i still think it is a goddamn sexy bike lol but i'm leaning more towardfs the ZX6R. I've never liked the cbr600rr - hasn't tickled my fancy and the gixxer i think is quite nice but the main reason i was considering the gixxer was because it was a fair bit cheaper than the other 600SS here where i live and not because i liked the bike because i wasn't a big fan of it but it is growing on me.

I literally hate all of you guys in the US too because the 2012 ZX6R is "on sale" at my local dealership for $14,000 and you say you can have it for $8300 - are you bloody serious lol :p

I test rode the bike a few weeks ago and really liked it, i only went for a 10-15 minute ride around the streets with speed limits of only 50-60kph (35-40mph) so i didn't really get to open it up that much but the bike was so smooth and it felt really stable and everything felt quality. It was very easy to ride too, the throttle was far less jerky than the cbr250r and the power can on very smoothly.

The power is pretty sedate if you just take it easy and the bike just got up to speed very effortlessly, when i hopped back on my cbr250r afterwards i felt like i had to work hard to squeeze the power out which is true, but it was very effortless on the zx6r which i liked. To sum it up i would have most likely bought it on the spot because i loved it but i am going to wait until i put my 250 on the market and use the funds from the sale to my next bike :)

Also on the ergo's, they are obviously a fair bit different to the 250 but i didn't mind it, i felt quite comfortable on the bike and my knees tucked into the tank nicely and i reckon i could live with it just fine although i do hear the gixxer and cbr600rr do have better ergos. The R6 seems to have the worst ergos from what i've heard and is the most racy of them all so that's sort of what swayed me to the other jap 600's.

I've heard you talk a fair bit about 600's on this forum and was wondering when you're going to get one or are you going to hold onto the cbr for a bit longer? :)

· Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That does look good in red but ill hold off till this is released in oz ;)
looks like the same outdated bike but with a different paint scheme. This is what i think of the cbr600rr ;)

OMG they have showa forks - gixxers got them in 2011 and kawa had them in 2009

OMG they have a slipper clutch - oh wait they don't

OMG they have new gauges - lol jks they are the same outdated ones just with a different font on the numbers

OMG it has ABS - so does the Kawasaki

OMG a new design and fairings - which replicate the 2005 model as it looks really outdated

OMG they kept the same undertail exhaust that all other manufacturers are steering away from because the low down side exhaust is a lot better in terms of centralising and keeping the mass lower

Overall, i think Honda has got a killer bike with this "new" cbr600rr :rolleyes:

Just my opinion but i know you love your repsol, and to be honest if this bike looks the goods in person and isn't pricey which i know it will be i would seriously look at it and consider it - but only because it is in repsol, no other reason :)

· Registered
1,096 Posts
looks like the same outdated bike but with a different paint scheme. This is what i think of the cbr600rr ;)

OMG they have new gauges - lol jks they are the same outdated ones just with a different font on the numbers

OMG a new design and fairings - which replicate the 2005 model as it looks really outdated

OMG they kept the same undertail exhaust that all other manufacturers are steering away from because the low down side exhaust is a lot better in terms of centralising and keeping the mass lower

Overall, i think Honda has got a killer bike with this "new" cbr600rr :rolleyes:

Just my opinion but i know you love your repsol, and to be honest if this bike looks the goods in person and isn't pricey which i know it will be i would seriously look at it and consider it - but only because it is in repsol, no other reason :)

It's funny you should say that mate, I only got the 250 because it was a repsol & the guy from Kawasaki was a tool otherwise I'd have the 300 ninja.

· Registered
273 Posts

Its just like saying
OMG That bike has 2 wheels... so do other bikes from day 1

OMG that bike has a handlebar... so do other bikes from day1

OMG that bike has a dual headlamp setup... so do other bikes from 19xx

etc etc.

What you are ignoring here is the fact that except for Kawasaki, Ducati no other brand has launched a new model from scratch since 2009. Everyone of them have either been adding new tech or subtracting some components and a few minor engine tuneups for a negligible gain in performance. Also this new 600RR is more aerodynamic than the previous model and almost as close as its RC212V MotoGP brethren

How the new CBR600RRs aerodynamics compare to a MotoGP bike | Hell for Leather Hell for Leather

· Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Its just like saying
OMG That bike has 2 wheels... so do other bikes from day 1

OMG that bike has a handlebar... so do other bikes from day1

OMG that bike has a dual headlamp setup... so do other bikes from 19xx

etc etc.

What you are ignoring here is the fact that except for Kawasaki, Ducati no other brand has launched a new model from scratch since 2009. Everyone of them have either been adding new tech or subtracting some components and a few minor engine tuneups for a negligible gain in performance. Also this new 600RR is more aerodynamic than the previous model and almost as close as its RC212V MotoGP brethren
you're examples are actually completely different from what i was trying to point out. i was comparing the minimal changes honda made to this bike and comparing recent bikes, you were stating parts of a motorcycle which have been there since day 1 - you make no sense whatsoever.

how is the 2013 cbr600rr a new model from scratch? you really have no idea what you're talking about do you. define "from scratch"

the 2013 zx6r is a new model from scratch if you ask me, so is the 2011 gixxer so what is this thing about no new models from scratch since '09? have you seen the changes to the 600rr, how is it in any way from scratch, same frame, engine, clocks, older fairing design etc.

the new model may be more aerodynamic but it is nothing more than a few tweaks just so honda can say they've finally altered the bike after ages of doing nothing. This is a performance bike, yet other bikes such as the kawasaki and suzuki will outperform this bike so i don't care about how aerodynamic this bike is or how it is revolutionary which is what you're trying to say, this bike is nothing special and is going to be outperformed once again by its major competitors.

· Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
What you are ignoring here is the fact that except for Kawasaki, Ducati no other brand has launched a new model from scratch since 2009.
Are we talking about 600's or any bike from manufacturers of any style? i don't understand what you're trying to say :rolleyes:

· Registered
724 Posts
I can only demo these 600s right now as I cant afford the payments on a 600, stupid Hyundai of mine is still not paid off.
I would LOVE to ride the CBR600 if Honda gets off the butts and do a demo day. Last summer Kawa, Suzuki and Yamaha did demo days and if you love bikes you dont miss those. Who else is going to let you try a 10k bike? NO ONE.
I like the R6's sound stock, sounds like a Jet and perfect not loud or too quiet.
The GSXR is not as powerful as the ZX6R to my butt but more comfortable and you sit in it and has great wind protection. The Yamaha R6 is way too hardcore of a bike for me.

If money was no object I would get the 2013 revised Zx6r and see if I could get bar risers like helibars for it. And get rid of that ulgy black exhaust.

But honestly, I feel if Honda makes a CBR350 or CBR400 and keep it a single I would get that over a 600 as the powerband is so sweet for the street.

Too bad the VTWiIN market in sportbikes dont sell, its my favorite cylinder type. Ducati's are overpriced. I wish Suzuki would bring back a highly revised SV650, and make it more sporty looking this time.

· Registered
1,096 Posts
I hate to say it but lewie's rite, it's had a few tweaks midrange for more torque, head lights are closer together, dash upgrade, small styling changes but nothing drastic.
And I still was one of those repsol scooters lewie hahahaha

· Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I hate to say it but lewie's rite, it's had a few tweaks midrange for more torque, head lights are closer together, dash upgrade, small styling changes but nothing drastic.
And I still was one of those repsol scooters lewie hahahaha
when am i wrong? :p

haha do you really? you should get one if you like being laughed at, especially by me :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.