Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
745 Posts
The Street Triple is a sweet bike.... However (maybe I'm just old), the fact that it gets worse fuel mileage than my daughter's Civic is a huge turn-off for me. If (big IF) I was looking for a bike, I would personally lean toward the Ninja 650 or the BMW 800 - good performance (but not Street Triple performance), good road manners, and still 50mpg.

Heck - a friend has the Kawa Vulcan 1700 - and he gets 45mpg. I'd never buy that bike (IMO, 850 lbs is just too much), but you have to wonder if Triumph cares at all about mpg. Maybe they shouldn't - the bike seems to be a huge hit with the target audience, and as Asako noted, it does sound sweet.

To each his own!

Luke

·
Registered
37 Posts
The Street Triple is a sweet bike.... However (maybe I'm just old), the fact that it gets worse fuel mileage than my daughter's Civic is a huge turn-off for me. If (big IF) I was looking for a bike, I would personally lean toward the Ninja 650 or the BMW 800 - good performance (but not Street Triple performance), good road manners, and still 50mpg.
If you ever rode one of the Triumph triples the fuel mileage would be of little concern. I might be a little biased though since I ride a Triumph 800. :D

·
745 Posts
If you ever rode one of the Triumph triples the fuel mileage would be of little concern. I might be a little biased though since I ride a Triumph 800. :D
That's why I've been avoiding riding one - other Trumpy owners have said the same thing. I've been told that bike has a higher addiction rate than crack cocaine.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Will be trading my CBR250R on one in 6 months when I get my unrestricted licence. Dont care if it has a high mpg, it'll be something I buy to enjoy

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
i'm not a big naked bike fan myself but it looks pretty nice. I was just wondering what the difference is between the street and speed triple? is the speed just an upgraded version of it like the 675R is of the 675? :)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
i'm not a big naked bike fan myself but it looks pretty nice. I was just wondering what the difference is between the street and speed triple? is the speed just an upgraded version of it like the 675R is of the 675? :)
Completely different.
Speed triple is 1050cc and its roots come from the old '98 Daytona,
Street triple is a detuned/retuned naked version of the 06 onwards 675 Daytona.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Triple owner

Hey all.

Triumph has been adjusting their look and feel over the past few years and the 'R' bikes have been making the largest leaps forward of all. Nice to see the resurgence of the Triumph line.

AS a 2011 Street Triple owner, my computer tells me I average around ~39 MPG. Lots of starts and stops and not much freeway riding. Spent the summer in the middle of Missouri and the computer came back and told me I was getting ~45 MPG.

Addictive as crack, yes. Fun as hell to ride. Being naked, you sometimes get beat up a little by the wind, or a semi. However you have low end power to get you out of trouble quickly.

Your posture on the bike is a little more upright than a Daytona, so it is a little more comfortable over a longer distance.

The ECU software is free (TuneECU).
Triumph definitely has perfected that inline 3 to the point that it is found in the Daytona, Street, Speed and Tiger.

I would highly suggest it for an addition to a collection or as strong contender against GSXR/Ninja/CBR/Ducati/Aprilia and same class.

Peace.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Helped out at the shop on Saturday for the Triumph opening.
New Triumphs were on display and Demo rides all day.

I liked this one

Fun taking it for a spin.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Loving my Daytona. I would seriously consider adding a Striple to the garage.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I'm building a Daytona for 2014 600 Superstock/Supersport State championship since my sponsor is now a Triumph dealer.

It will be this summers project, (we race in the winter here)

·
Registered
398 Posts
That's why I've been avoiding riding one - other Trumpy owners have said the same thing. I've been told that bike has a higher addiction rate than crack cocaine.
Yes, it's a problem for sure. I have a 2012 Street I've modded quite a bit with an Arrow low exhaust, Daytona rearsets and actually lower Ducati bars(needed the black) etc. It vacations at my brothers garage with his Daytona and Speed Triple, and he says its getting more seat time than the other two.

I friggin' love my 250-but for sure the Street is a great bike too. Keeping both. Need more room and moolah....******************** sickness... :)

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm building a Daytona for 2014 600 Superstock/Supersport State championship since my sponsor is now a Triumph dealer.

It will be this summers project, (we race in the winter here)
Awesome!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Holy Jesus, I went into the local Triumph showroom today and saw the 2013 street triple r and daytona 675r in the flesh for the first time. Then I threw my leg over and yes, woody wood pecker made an appearance. The ergo's of both bikes are completely different as you'd expect but the striple will be the more practical of the two for my needs. Suffice to say that I am now officially counting down the days until 23 July-14 arrives when I can legally ride it out the door. Will be paying cash in full and ordering the bike in late May - early for delivery July. Bike will come with Arrow full system and switchable ABS, belly pan and fly screen add-on's

By that time I will have put approximately 28k km's on the 250 but the bike will be kept and used primarily as a track bike with occasional road use.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts