Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was out riding today around the neighborhood before I'll have to put the 250 in storage. Anyway, I'm riding down the street I reached a 4 way stop I look left and right and rolled the throttle, I look right again and I see a 60+ year old man with a cane, limping barely making it across the street and then he raised his right hand and gave me a thumbs up and I saw a huge grin on his face!

Sounds insignificant, but at that moment I thought, wow, maybe he was a rider back in the day and now he just reminisces about his riding days!

It's times like this that reminds me that I should just ride for the simple joy of it and nothing else.

Well that's my 250 chronicle for now. What's yours?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Great one Ibex. My CBR250R chronicle? I never mentioned this in my trip report this summer, but at one point on one of the sweeping turns along the scenic and hilly highway around Lake Superior - I had one of those moments when everything just comes together - feels right. The sun was at my back, and I was holding the line nicely along a long sweeper bending away from the big lake - everything felt perfect in my world at that moment, and just before the curve straightened out, a fellow in a pickup truck coming from the opposite direction must have witnessed my entire moment of nirvana - inspired by the sight of this shadowy figure cresting the corner like a phoenix racing from the sun - he actually gave me a slow riders "wave" from inside the truck as he passed by. He couldn't resist. I wonder if he rides a motorcycle. ;)

Mike

·
Registered
427 Posts
he actually gave me a slow riders "wave" from inside the truck as he passed by. He couldn't resist. I wonder if he rides a motorcycle. ;)
Probably just bored ha!

I've had a people pull up beside me on the hwy and give me a HUGE thumbs up a bunch of times. Seems to happen more when your a million miles from home. I guess they see your plate and...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've had a people pull up beside me on the hwy and give me a HUGE thumbs up a bunch of times. Seems to happen more when your a million miles from home. I guess they see your plate and...
When I was in BC people would occasionally wave me to the front of traffic lights and give me a thumbs up. I'm guessing they saw the florida plate? lol. My southern accent often times caught people's interest as well.

I certainly enjoyed my ride through BC/yukon and look forward to exploring the eastern provinces this spring :)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
me chilling at a red light-:)
kid in car says hey is that the new cbr250 :eek:
i gave him a thumbs up :cool:
he asked if it's worth the money :confused:
i gave him two thumbs ups :D

i hope i save him from getting a 1000 ;)

some guy also asked me if it was a 900 once after he claim he was a rider himself.not the first time she been mistaken for a higher cc bike, but mainly from people who are not motorcycle drivers.:p

·
Registered
36 Posts
I was on my bike and practicing some quick stops before my ride to health club. Usually don't worry about shifting into first when I practice but thought I would try it this time. Nailed it but then after stopping felt bike leaning to one side. Tried to get it upright again but was struggling. Then before I knew it I was falling and so was the bike. Hit my head and shoulder on the ground. Bruised my shoulder still hurts but my head was fine since I had a helmet on. Bike only had a tiny scratches here and there but was fine otherwise. It all happened so fast. Got back on and went on my way :) learned it's important to put your foot down after you stop.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I was on my bike and practicing some quick stops before my ride to health club. Usually don't worry about shifting into first when I practice but thought I would try it this time. Nailed it but then after stopping felt bike leaning to one side. Tried to get it upright again but was struggling. Then before I knew it I was falling and so was the bike. Hit my head and shoulder on the ground. Bruised my shoulder still hurts but my head was fine since I had a helmet on. Bike only had a tiny scratches here and there but was fine otherwise. It all happened so fast. Got back on and went on my way :) learned it's important to put your foot down after you stop.
It helps..:)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Every time I stop at the service station to fuel up the bike any other biker seems to be drawn to it. I've had all kinds of people that ride anything from a Harley to a Hayabusa come up to check out the CBR and they all seem to like it. It's funny how the cruiser guys always tell me "ride like everyone is out to get you" and the Hayabusa guys always say "ride it like you stole it!"

·
Registered
254 Posts
:) funny but when I am on the bike i usually check out the ladies and today there was a dude with his girl and she was all smiles and the guy was about the punch me... I think it was the fact he did not have a bike. And like everyone else, I do get mad props from everyone. A fellow CBR600 or bigger bike give me props after I whopped him up to around 30-40, and various other salute me. The Harley guys are just jerks and look at me that I am on a crotch rocket, thats ok, at least I can corner better then them.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i was on a ride with all bigger bikes, and i was following a friend on his r1. we are coming up to a nice left sweeper and he's signalling to me that this will be a good curve. i slide back in the seat, start to set up for the turn. Hang off, lean in, full throttle and------had it pinned at 80 and the r1 was gone.

friend on an r6 pulls up to me afterwards and was like "why did you slow down in the middle of that turn?" and i'm like "um...that's all she had." we still laugh about that

·
Registered
118 Posts
Early August..not many CBRs yet in Australia...my CBR about 300 KMs old...Went on a nice ride with a bunch of big bore bikes...a couple of nice 80 cube Harleys, 1100 Suzuki's, BMW's etc.

We pull up to a well known watering hole for the big league, of course I was last to arrive, and there must have been 40 odd other bikes parked. There was a small spot right out the front so I backed the CBR right in...Went inside to order a refreshment, come out and WTF...the little CBR was swamped with curious riders having a look over this new little rocket.

Never thought I could get that sort of interest on a $6500 bike! The guys I was with couldn't believe it either.:D

·
Registered
426 Posts
I echo many of the experiences here.

on my 2nd day with bike. Stop at a light. in a pickup truck to my left is a younger man driver with older man passenger (father son?) I notice the driver is leaning over the passenger to get a better look at bike. driver gives me a thumbs up when i glance over again. I give thumbs up back. Passenger gives thumbs up and we are all smiles and laughing.

One thing i notice is the reaction from other riders (sportsbikes) My previous bike was a scooter (500cc) and i almost always had to initiate "the wave" and most time it seemed they begrudgingly returned it. On the CBR i have been caught off guard a few times. Almost all of the other riders i crossed paths with were first out with the wave

On this past weekend. Stopped at a local Kawasaki dealer who is known to have good pricing and selection of gear. upon leaving i see 2 people near the bike seeming to be admiring it. One of them was an employee of the bike shop. He had nothing but good things to say about it. One thing he said was they use the bike on track days and can blow by riders on bigger bikes in corners.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've been tracked down in stores a few times by someone who saw me get off my CBR in the parking lot and wanted to ask me questions about it and if I would recommend it (obviously YES).

I usually ride with my boyfriend on a CB350 and our friend on a 91 Bandit...Less than 1000cc all combined, but we have a blast. Kind of evens the playing field, too.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have had several people wave and smile out of the blue when on my CBR. Some will walk down to my place and tell me about their experiences on motorcycles.. One older lady always gets the biggest grin on her face I pass her and she is out walking in our neighborhood. I always wonder who or what she is thinking about when she smiles.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Nobody said anything funny, but it was a funny situation.

Local Kawi dealer 'got' the Honda dealership after not having a Honda dealership in this town for about 5 years. It's whereI bought my CBR!

Anyway, To give them a bit of a push, Honda wheeled up for the demo rides. So I figure I'd take a run on over and see what tickles my fancy. I do this on the CBR natch.

Well I come out from doing the sign up and theirs 3 guys down on their haunches pointing at different parts of the bike. No problem. Well then the rides start, I mosey on over to a CBF1000 I had signed up for. Out of the corner of my eye, theirs some guy ON MY **** BIKE!

Turns out it was an honest mistake. He thought it was one of the demo machines LOL!

... glad I took my key with me though..

·
Registered
112 Posts
There's this 2yo boy who passes by my bike everyday when his mom takes him and his baby sister for a walk around the neighborhood. Whenever they get to where I park my bike, this boy would stop walking and point to the bike like telling his mom that he wants one.

I learned from talking to his mom that he does this everyday and would not leave the bike until he had at least a good 5 to 10 mins in front of it looking at every angle. His mom also told me that he does not do this to anything else except my CBR250.

Next time I see him, I'm going to let him sit on it. It will probably make his day.

·
Registered
529 Posts
There's this 2yo boy who passes by my bike everyday when his mom takes him and his baby sister for a walk around the neighborhood. Whenever they get to where I park my bike, this boy would stop walking and point to the bike like telling his mom that he wants one.

I learned from talking to his mom that he does this everyday and would not leave the bike until he had at least a good 5 to 10 mins in front of it looking at every angle. His mom also told me that he does not do this to anything else except my CBR250.

Next time I see him, I'm going to let him sit on it. It will probably make his day.
I wonder if with little boys - it is easier for them to identify with a motorcycle because it really isn't that much different than their two-wheeled bike, something that they enjoy and are skilled at riding (my bicycle meant everything to me as a kid).

My girlfriend's nephew is 6 years old and loves motorcycles. He is obsessed. Whenever I ride by and visit the family, he just stares at me in awe. It doesn't hurt that my full Joe Rocket Alter-Ego gear makes me look like a police officer. He follows me around the house. Listens to me better than his parents! :) Made me realize there is a lot responsibility on my part when being worshipped in this way - by someone so young and impressionable. Makes me want to be an even better role-model for him.

Not long ago I let him hit the starter and then rev the throttle on the CBR250R. You could tell by the look on his face that it moved him - he truly found the experience mesmerizing. I would have reacted the same way at his age, because I've always loved motorcycles too.

Mike

·
Registered
254 Posts

might be the mom wants a 5-10 min stop?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Today while coming to the office. on the way i noticed a guy on an enfield350 riding along with me. probably trying to race. It was a sort of stop go traffic with signals every 200-300meters. We were just kind off racing, not aggressively. He later stopped in front of me and was checking out my bike(cbr) thoroughly. I went besides him and saw him wearing a helmet which i actually am searching for days (a ls2). He pulled a thumbs up and appreciated the bike and i was like on the 9th cloud. He seemed to be a rider, had worn a proper riding gear(jacket, gloves,helmet) very few people actually wear it in my city. He appreciated 2-3 times during the small conversation we had.
It made my day. so happy

1 - 20 of 36 Posts