Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

2Bros Juice Box Pro install

14K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  Kurlon 
#1 ·
Just purchased Juice Box Pro from 2Bros, am assuming this will require an ECU reset once installed. Have seen the you tube videos and read threads on the process, any addition info would be helpful, on either the install itself or the ECU reset.

#5 · (Edited)
Hope not, have been posted on their website for a month at least.
Made my order (thru 3rd party) assuming they were in stock, if not will be asking for refund.
Just double checked Surfside Motor website (were I ordered) no mention of out of stock or waiting time, will be pissed if they have taken my money with no mention of waiting time. IMO people shouldn't sell stuff they don't have in stock without telling you upfront. Lucky I paid with PayPal.

#7 ·
When I read about it though, it says that the custom maps are designed to each different 2 Bros exhaust. In the end though, if you're using a non-2 Bros exhaust, you will still have to do some tuning yourself (that's what it seems like to me anyhow).

Also, on their downloads page, there are no custom built maps yet for the CBR250R yet.

If anyone has any experience using software to tune the maps on such a device, please post.

#9 ·
When I read about it though, it says that the custom maps are designed to each different 2 Bros exhaust. In the end though, if you're using a non-2 Bros exhaust, you will still have to do some tuning yourself (that's what it seems like to me anyhow)..
I've got a sneaky hunch that there's not a whole lot of difference between different manufacturers' products for the average street rider from the standpoint of fuel maps. For instance, a map that will work fine on a 2-Bros with insert will probably work just as well for others that also have an insert.

Also, on their downloads page, there are no custom built maps yet for the CBR250R yet.
But then there is also no listing for the CBR250 unit itself. I'll bet that the downloads will show up when the testing is finished and the units get shipped.

#12 ·
Reset will no longer do anything with any piggyback fuel box. First thing you do upon installation is disconnect the O2 sensor which will lock the stock computer to a fixed mode where the fuel box can modify the stock maps from there.
thanks for the info dude. Disconnecting the O2 sensor to lock the ECU in place seems commons sense, now you've mentioned it.
Cheers

#14 ·
To be honest dude, I don't really know. First time I've done this sort of mod, so it will be a bit of a steep learning curve to start with. Which is why I stuck to same brand as my exhaust and a simple "plug in and ride" system with pre-made maps from manufacturer. Once I get used to it and read some more about fuel mapping will give it a go myself a little bit at a time.
This is all dependent on if Surfside Moto actually have the part. They listed it with all the other products they have in stock, yet as someone posted earlier in this thread, 2Bros may not have released it yet (even tho they to have it listed on their website to "buy now"). So they may have sold me something they don't have, which would make me very upset. But I will hold fire till I find out for sure.

#21 · (Edited)
With and without

I'm surprised TwoBros Fuel boxes aren't shipping yet. They posted dyno charts with and without their Juice Box as soon as they had the slip on exhaust for sale several months ago. There is not much power difference with or without the fuel box though. The stock, closed loop fuel system of the CBR250R seems to have enough range of correction to correct for changing an exhaust.

#23 ·
There is not much power difference with or without the fuel box though. .
True, but I think another way of looking at that is adding the Fuel Box Pro to the slip-on with tip allows you to get the power that the obnoxiously loud slip-on has without the noise.

The compartison was between Slip-on with tip and fuel box and Slip-on without tip and without fuel box.

#22 ·

they are hard graphs to compare as the the one with the fuel box has the "power tip" or db killer, installed in the slip-on. the one without the fuel box doesn't.
I have the 2bros slip on and the db killer makes a bit of difference power wise (feels like it) but is obscenely loud.
I'll keep looking.

#26 ·
I don't want to put any fuel controller in my bike until I can also have a wide band auto logger to tune it with as there aren't any dynos in my area.
I think Yoshi is making exactly that, with replacement O2 sensor.
But all looks a bit complicated for me. Plus I like the 2Bros because I can change maps on the fly and without a PC plugged into it.Yoshimura R&D - 2011

#33 ·
vel stack

It is probably a simple race part bolt on after you get rid of the stock air box or cut away the runner. I doubt he is to anxious too share his secrets with any would be opponents.
http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-performance/1309-race-winner.html
As a hyper miler, tuning for higher fuel consumption is not what I am interested in. I might end up using a fuel box though to try some leaner than stock settings.

#36 ·
Another month....they are testing my resolve.
The bazzaz looks the goods, but having to plug into pc to change maps is a pain, and im not interested in a QS or installing new O2 so ill wait for 2bros.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.