Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Electric supercharging and ACL Race exhaust bearings should free up around 7-8 hp. Add in a canooter valve and the top end will be badass :D

Anyways, can now confirm the wrist pins on 1000RR and 250R are the exact same. The piston OD has a difference of about .00x". That is insignificant since it would be taken care of when doing a fresh hone.

All that now matters is knowing the compression height and dome volume of the piston.

I am planning on sourcing a Microsquirt once it's available and have it running. A wideband will go in within a month of me getting delivery of the bike.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i can see the appeal of squeezing more ponies out of this baby blade who woudlnt like a bike that is this light and has power too boot

i say go for it i know i will be when its not my only tramsport :)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
88mph and I'm in another dimension... just need a bolt of lightining at the riight time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
..then why spend a potential thousand or more dollars (or rupees for you 3rd world whatevers) than just spend that money on a bigger cc bike..

That is fucking racist.
There is no Third/Second/First world.
I find that very offensive.

There is just one world buddy..with different cultures,languages,and food and religions.
Did you expect the whole world to be like you?
Now that would be a world to live in eh mate? with full of racist,prejudiced bigots like yourself?

Who made you kings of the world anyway you moron?
There are two kinds of people in this world:

1)Good people.
2)Bad people.

Thats it.

p.s. another classification not yet approved by the authorities is:

1)people who ride CBR 250s
2) pople who dont.

You,being a senior member on this forum,have let me down.
Expected guidance from you.
Not racist philosophy.

·
Registered
354 Posts
That is fucking racist. <-- this is just rude. is there a law against racism. what about freedom for everyone, even idiots?

not yet approved by the authorities is: <---- you love the nanny state?? you dont believe enough in huanity to think they cant take care of themselves without the interference of authorities? WHO is an authority? barbara boxer? obama? bush? the other bush? jesse jackson? who would you like to run your life for you??

You,being a senior member on this forum,have let me down. (bad Santa)
Expected guidance from you.
Not racist philosophy. WELL YOU GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR, NO EXTRAS IMPLIED.

Nice post drank, for a minute there I thought you discovered some horsepower.

·
Registered
706 Posts
That is fucking racist.
There is no Third/Second/First world.
I find that very offensive.

There is just one world buddy..with different cultures,languages,and food and religions.
Did you expect the whole world to be like you?
Now that would be a world to live in eh mate? with full of racist,prejudiced bigots like yourself?

Who made you kings of the world anyway you moron?
There are two kinds of people in this world:

1)Good people.
2)Bad people.

Thats it.
Honestly the definition of it is not racist or demeaning in any way.

"The Western theory said that the First World was the United States and its allies, the Second World was the Soviet Union and its allies, and the Third World was the neutral and nonaligned countries."

"The term Third World arose during the Cold War to define countries that remained non-aligned with either capitalism and NATO, or communism and the Soviet Union. This definition provided a way of broadly categorizing the nations of the Earth into three groups based on social, political, and economic divisions."

source Three Worlds Theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
'Racism.' lol Indians love that word... grab a can of htfu.

Theres a few more than 2 types of ppl in world Dranka... get used to it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
maybe i overreacted a little...but what the hell is "you third world whatevers" ??
of course that stung.
I wanted help regarding my new bike not insult.Why couldnt he have just typed what he thought without adding that bit?
dont tell me it wasnt intened to be insulting.
If we could just refrain from all that,and just stick to motor discussions i'd honestly appreciate it.

I'm not a confrontational fellow..and i get along fine with most people.
But i sure dont appreciate being called a "whatever",which is frankly disrespectful and i havent done anything to deserve disrespect.

As for Mao Zedong,I not a follower of his political philosophy.
Regards,
Dr.Baruah.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Don't upset spdklls. He might get his big brother to bash you.....

I helped him out with interpreting some point of law on winking, blinking, look at me Jack Flash lights (on another forum). I proffered absolution when he forgot the MSF gospel and almost didn't put his trousers on.......

...... even complemented his stylish biker fashion sense.

But still I have been called a loony bin lefty, Thailand Boy, and even a jerk. With experience, the lad is learning. In the edited, non SHOUTING version of his post earlier in this thread his gums are getting sharper.

Perhaps he should stop to think that his cheap'n'cheerful cycle, and probably his gear, was designed and manufactured by "third world whatevers".

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gonna be boosting mine over the winter. Ill take some pics during the build. Will be running bigger injector, small hair dryer (TBD), and power commander. prolly be running 4-6 psi. Shawn @ VND motorsport (Famous tuner) gonna be helping me out. Cant wait for next summer!

I really dont understand all the attitude on this thread. People are on here to share ideas about something they are interested in. Who are you/we to tell them they cant or shouldnt?! My 250 is my first bike. The reasons i bought it were the fact that it is affordible, light, and capable. Oh yah, and its cheap to run. 35 bucks a month to insure. You can have ur 600 or liter bike, enjoy! some of us like to have fun on our 250's! ;p

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
ok so coming to the topic...i'll split things up in a way thats easy for other newbies like myself..

Air filter: 1 extra bhp (right??)
Slip on exhaust: 1-2 bhp
Fuel injection controller (dunno what its called..commander or something??): another 1-2 bhp.

lemme know if i'm on the right track...even if i gain 3 bhp at the wheel with these 3 upgrades,i'll be satisfied cause that aint half bad for starters. once i read up more about engines and stuff,i'll start getting bolder and will attempt engine mods myself..maybe a year or two later,and thats when more stuff and knowhow will be available for this model in India..
laterz friends...happy riding!!
:)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
It's a war zone here in this thread LOL. Take it easy.
lol...sorry. I overreacted and started it all..:D
but we're over it...even best friends and brothers have arguments..
everything's cool.

Guys i need another bit of advice...me being a doctor and stuff,i have to go to the hospital everyday on this machine..and though i want to install an aft-market exhaust,i dont want something tooooo loud,for obvious reasons.

what exhaust should i go for,that wont be race-bike loud?
even the dirt bike sound doesnt work for me..

is there an exhaust that'll augment the natural exhaust sound without being a screaming devil??? i've checked out exhaust videos on YT,but i cant really gauge how loud an exhaust'll be in real life from its videos..

·
Registered
706 Posts
The only reason I am against most of the stuff in this thread is because of my experience. I've been down this road before and it's not pretty. It's more like the Wizard of Oz yellow brick road. Sure you made some friends on the way but you also almost got the vehicle hurt a few times and in the end it was nothing but a dream anyways.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts