Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an Arrow full system, R&G fender eliminator, Shad top case, and years of accumulated gear and tools. Very pleased with everything I have so far. An extra $300 cash is available for upgrades. How should I spend it? For those who have already bought the parts: What would you do if you were me?

Typical usage is day trips / light sport touring. 5'9'', 170 lbs.

Bazzaz FI tuner?
Seat upgrade?
Rearset brackets?
Other suggestions?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Bazzaz imo is a no brainer. I rode a ninja 250 today and the fueling was very good compared to our little bike and it really made the acceleration more fun.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I've got an Arrow full system, R&G fender eliminator, Shad top case, and years of accumulated gear and tools. Very pleased with everything I have so far. An extra $300 cash is available for upgrades. How should I spend it? For those who have already bought the parts: What would you do if you were me?

Typical usage is day trips / light sport touring. 5'9'', 170 lbs.

Bazzaz FI tuner?
Seat upgrade?
Rearset brackets?
Other suggestions?
Corbin seat or bi xenon retrofit like I just did today.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I agree....Bazzaz. Increased torque is funner

·
Banned
834 Posts
How about 2 cans of Plasti Dip and save the rest for your next bike. Why dump a load of $ into a two-fiddy? Next year you'll be on a 600 three hundred bucks short that you could have spent on a two brother's exhaust for that real man's sounding bike. Listen to a wise man.

·
Registered
628 Posts
How about 2 cans of Plasti Dip and save the rest for your next bike. Why dump a load of $ into a two-fiddy? Next year you'll be on a 600 three hundred bucks short. Listen to a wise man.
Get a 600 already dude.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Corbin.. tires.. projector (HID not needed).. tyga fork preload adjusters..

I can think of a dozen other things I'd rather spend my money on than a Z-Fi. Almost 2ft-lbs and almost 3-hp for $380? BBR said in another post that the bike runs lean all the time stock, so you'd likely see the same improvement just unplugging the o2 sensor and plopping a voltage divider onto the wiring harness to fool the ECU into thinking the bike is running even leaner.

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
The first upgrade for my bike will be a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2 tires... about $250.00 shipped. Although I have not mounted them up yet on my CBR, on past bikes I've owned, top shelf tires make a world of difference.

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
How about 2 cans of Plasti Dip and save the rest for your next bike. Why dump a load of $ into a two-fiddy? Next year you'll be on a 600 three hundred bucks short that you could have spent on a two brother's exhaust for that real man's sounding bike. Listen to a wise man.
Complete nonsense from a complete noob. DudeMan, shouldn't you be working on Plasti Dipping your swingarm, or maybe the fork lowers. How about the crankcase? Any of those would be great projects, that would give you yet more reasons not to ride your bike. Just think about the new threads you could start, not to mention the youtube videos.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Complete nonsense from a complete noob. DudeMan, shouldn't you be working on Plasti Dipping your swingarm, or maybe the fork lowers. How about the crankcase? Any of those would be great projects, that would give you yet more reasons not to ride your bike. Just think about the new threads you could start, not to mention the youtube videos.
Agreed. Some people here bought a 250 for its economy. However just like an econobox car it looks faster then it really is. Evidently dude didn't realize that a 250 made to look fast is not fast and now is having some buyers remorse. Maybe he found out girls don't think its big enough? As it seems he is more worried about appearances then riding ability.

Tires have always been a great upgrade on bikes I have owned. Steel brake lines are always nice. Sometimes pads are a good benefit. Better gear is a great upgrade too.

·
Super Moderator
6,916 Posts
Agreed. Some people here bought a 250 for its economy. However just like an econobox car it looks faster then it really is. Evidently dude didn't realize that a 250 made to look fast is not fast and now is having some buyers remorse. Maybe he found out girls don't think its big enough? As it seems he is more worried about appearances then riding ability.

Tires have always been a great upgrade on bikes I have owned. Steel brake lines are always nice. Sometimes pads are a good benefit. Better gear is a great upgrade too.
I have a theory that the Dude is way more concerned about appearances than he is about learning to ride. That he thinks a 600 is the answer to his problems pretty much shines a bright light on his issues. "Cruising/Coasting" around on a 600 at 35 mph will give him the "street cred" he so desires, while doing the same on a two-fiddy has shown him that isn't happening. DudeMan doesn't have the "sack" to learn to ride the CBR250R within it's capabilities. He would be perfectly happy being just another poser on a 600. How sad is that?:(

·
Registered
628 Posts
I wonder what dudes strips look like.. Lol. I really quite enjoy throwing this bike into cornera and was hella suprised by the handling. You can grip it n rip it on this bad boy. I love the 250 for what it is, an economy bike, but it does perform well.

·
Banned
834 Posts
lol you guys are comedians as well. keep it up!

Obviously, I didn't buy this 250 for speed. I bought it for a learner's bike and to save some coin for a while.

If I were trying to be more macho I certainly would have never thought about ever getting a scooter, much less a chinese scooter. lol (+1)

All of you that are defending the cbr250r are in denial, acceleration on this bike gets boring just like some of your jokes. (+1)

1 - 20 of 74 Posts