Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Nothing wasteful about my mods. You choose to plasti-dip your bike and like it, good for you. However, I feel you are showing disrespect towards others by alluding they have wasted their money.

Dudeguy,you certainly are a controversial dude:confused::(

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Well I guess you're a regular "Japexican" Jesse James with your skateboard fitted on the back of your big bad Harley Davidson. LOL!

1.Let's see....Plasti Dip protects the wheels and will keep em clean and gives me the look I desire...and peels off when I ever want to sell the bike.

Smart decision.

2.Plasti Dip actually reinforces my wind screen, saves about 4 hrs time to install a tinted windscreen and $80 for the cost of the tinted wind screen.

Smart decision.

3.Plasti Dip my heat shield, which isn't bothered by the heat from the exhaust, protects the heat shield from scratches.

Smart decision.

4.All the plasti dip can be peeled off anytime which will revert it back to it's clean stock finish.

Smart decision.

5.Putting Yoshi frame $160 frame sliders on my bike to save me money from having to replace the plastic or having to make an insurance claim that could raise my insurance rate should an arsehole tip my bike over in a parking lot.

Smart decision.

6.$160 for frame sliders + $18 for plasti dip = $178 in mods that makes the bike look nice and protects the bike.

Smart decision.

I fail to see your point>>>

OP - TAKE THE $300 AND BUY YOSHI SLIDERS AND 3 CANS OF PLASTI DIP. YOU WILL HAVE $122 LEFT OVER IN YOUR POCKET TO GO TOWARDS YOUR NEXT BIKE.

THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR $178..... (Saves you about $400 in wasteful mods that most likely will not be recaptured when you sell it.)

CBR250r Cleveland Hopkins Airport - YouTube
Or just spend $0?

·
Banned
834 Posts
Or just spend $0?
Yeah some buttwad tips his bike over in a parking lot and his fairings are all scratched and dented up, now he has to shell out hundreds of dollars for new plastic or take a calim out on his insurance and watch his rates go up or worst, could even get dropped after the first claim.

Bad Decision.

·
Banned
834 Posts
Show us a pic of tyres Dudeman.. I want to see how boring you are riding.
Only 605 miles so far.... (No real twisties yet)

Front:

rear:

·
Registered
540 Posts
So I'm going to go against the grain here and say go ahead and get your 600SS, and I am in no way being sarcastic. It's obvious that what "does it" for you is going fast in a relatively straight line, and the GSXR and other SS bikes beat the pants right off the 250, no question.

You're going to "hear it" from everyone else though I'm sure. Those strips (the shiny bits) are definitely pretty wide, you can lean that bike over a LOT more than you have so far. you can forget that for a minute and just focus on the paint line still on the front tire. That should've been gone within the first 100 or 200 miles.. ;)

·
Banned
834 Posts
So I'm going to go against the grain here and say go ahead and get your 600SS, and I am in no way being sarcastic. It's obvious that what "does it" for you is going fast in a relatively straight line, and the GSXR and other SS bikes beat the pants right off the 250, no question.

You're going to "hear it" from everyone else though I'm sure. Those strips (the shiny bits) are definitely pretty wide, you can lean that bike over a LOT more than you have so far. you can forget that for a minute and just focus on the paint line still on the front tire. That should've been gone within the first 100 or 200 miles.. ;)
As I stated no real twisties yet and you have to be careful b/c there is a crap load of loose gravel around here b/c of these sh*tty roads here in NE Ohio. We have THEE worst roads I've ever seen.If I were if FL again I would be all over the roads. You will not see cats leaning too hard in turns out this way. We have huge potholes here and there, pipe caps sticking out of the ground, etc. They use tar to patch up raods here and that crap wears out fast and leaves loose gravel. The highways are the smoothest roads around here.

This is typical Ohio sportbike activity here: (I don't advocate this behavior, completely idiotic behavior. lol)

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
DudeMan is a mere 120 posts away from having more posts than miles on his "two fiddy". WOW... that has got to be a first for any member on this forum. There must be some kind of special award or ribbon for that stunning accomplishment. Maybe it could be presented to him at the same time as the award for most obnoxious avatar. Really Dude...

·
Registered
540 Posts
As I stated no real twisties yet and you have to be careful b/c there is a crap load of loose gravel around here b/c of these sh*tty roads here in NE Ohio. We have THEE worst roads I've ever seen in any of the three states I've lived, the other two being Colorado and Florida. If I were if FL I would be all over the roads. You will not see cats leaning too hard in turns out this way.

This is typical Ohio sportbike activity here:

GSXR Wheelie Vid - YouTube
I am not there to see your roads, so I can't say if they're really as horrible as you say, or if that is just inexperience talking. The roads here have sand and gravel and other crap all over them too in the spring. That front tire though does not look like it has leaned over *at all*.

My money is on it not being as bad as you paint it, but it seems that bad due to your inexperience. You need to get that stuff scrubbed off the tire though. If you don't do it riding, then do it with some sandpaper. This is not to "pose" no matter what your gixxer buddies say -- that **** is *dangerous* to leave on the tire. If you can't get it scrubbed off with normal riding, for whatever reason, then get it off another way.

If you don't, and run into a situation where it's either "lean this bitch over hard or crash", you're going to crash anyway, because it'll be like leaning over into an oil slick.

·
Banned
834 Posts
I am not there to see your roads, so I can't say if they're really as horrible as you say, or if that is just inexperience talking. The roads here have sand and gravel and other crap all over them too in the spring. That front tire though does not look like it has leaned over *at all*.

My money is on it not being as bad as you paint it, but it seems that bad due to your inexperience. You need to get that stuff scrubbed off the tire though. If you don't do it riding, then do it with some sandpaper. This is not to "pose" no matter what your gixxer buddies say -- that **** is *dangerous* to leave on the tire. If you can't get it scrubbed off with normal riding, for whatever reason, then get it off another way.

If you don't, and run into a situation where it's either "lean this bitch over hard or crash", you're going to crash anyway, because it'll be like leaning over into an oil slick.
I'm not afraid of my bike bro, lol. I will lean this bit*h over and fook it hard. lol Ask anyone about our roads, our roads are notorious for being the worst.

·
Banned
834 Posts
ok back on topic.

OP- Yoshi sliders are a must if you want the piece of mind while you are away from your bike. I didn't want to spend the $ on sliders too but I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Yeah some buttwad tips his bike over in a parking lot and his fairings are all scratched and dented up, now he has to shell out hundreds of dollars for new plastic or take a calim out on his insurance and watch his rates go up or worst, could even get dropped after the first claim.

Bad Decision.
That really doesn't happen all that much.

Slightly broken plastics are no big deal. It's very likely a small drop won't even do anything to them.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Nothing wasteful about my mods. You choose to plasti-dip your bike and like it, good for you. However, I feel you are showing disrespect towards others by alluding they have wasted their money.

Dudeguy,you certainly are a controversial dude:confused::(
Agreed. I think he's been sniffing too much plasti-dip and drinking too much hateorade. Everyone that has bought this bike did it for their own individual reason, some want to use as a stepping stone to a bigger bike, some love the fuel efficiency of the bike, others bought it cause that's all they could afford. There's nothing wrong with anyone modding their bike as they want regardless of the cost of the bike.

·
Registered
132 Posts
That really doesn't happen all that much.

Slightly broken plastics are no big deal. It's very likely a small drop won't even do anything to them.
A small drop won't do much to them. Ask me how I know. :D

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
386 Posts
ok back on topic.

OP- Yoshi sliders are a must if you want the piece of mind while you are away from your bike. I didn't want to spend the $ on sliders too but I'm glad I did.
T-Rex sliders are cheaper and would appear to provide better protection.

·
Super Moderator
6,913 Posts
ok back on topic.

You could have saved that $$ you spent on the sliders, Dood, and just put down a couple old mattress's in your garage on either side of your bike, since that is the most likely place it will get knocked over. And if you do actually take the bike out for a ride, and then park it somewhere, how are the sliders going to protect the bike from a dealership service technician coming along with a Snap On torque wrench and beating the living crap out the fuel tank? I've heard that has been happening a lot in Ohio lately. News reports have the perp's targeting only bikes pimped out with Plasti Dip. Go figure...

·
Registered
230 Posts
You could have saved that $$ you spent on the sliders, Dood, and just put down a couple old mattress's in your garage on either side of your bike, since that is the most likely place it will get knocked over. And if you do actually take the bike out for a ride, and then park it somewhere, how are the sliders going to protect the bike from a dealership service technician coming along with a Snap On torque wrench and beating the living crap out the fuel tank? I've heard that has been happening a lot in Ohio lately. News reports have the perp's targeting only bikes pimped out with Plasti Dip. Go figure...
No MM...Beating the snot otta red/silver Cbr250's is why I have a Harbor Freight Torque Wrench in my box :D. Gotta lovingly handle my $450 snap on techangle torque wrenchs.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You beat on my red/silver beauty with a torque wrench, by god, we're gonna take this outside!
LOL...MM was poking some fun at dudes comment "how techs near cleveland will scratch/dent bikes at first service." I am a tech for a powersports dealer in ohio (who owns a red/silver cbr) so just poking some fun at him too.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Can you confirm or deny his feeling about the road conditions? I don't think they're as bad as he makes them sound, but I'm not there myself so calling BS isn't really something I can do with any confidence.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts