Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And k&n filter is nothing special, low torque was worsened, now i put cbr 500 exhaust and low torque is better. Im going to go back to stock air filter for a while and check low torque. 15tooth sprocket is better for me because this bike is lacking in top speed, but with this sprocket on 6 gear this bike has no power.... Milleage is lower but i prefer this sprocket, lower rpm and speedo is now more accurate to realy speed. My max speed with gps is 125-130 kmh, me 90kg and straight possition. Bazzaz give fun for ride, before this bike was worse than scooter aprilia scarabeo 250 2003y. Exhaust from cbr 500 is good, stock is very ugly. From cbr500 is a little louder but not annoying, every exhaust like leovince and so on is worse on this bike, they are trumpets. Changed stock tyres on metzeler roadtec01 and improvement is exellent. Im disapoinment that this bike has not top speed 150kmh with gps, so we could comute 120kmh with no stresing engine. Too small fuel tank, i put only 10 litres, shame for honda for specification. Now take 240km on 10 litres.

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
853 Posts
...15tooth sprocket is better for me ...
Too small fuel tank, i put only 10 litres, shame for honda for specification. Now take 240km on 10 litres.
Hi. Adding a tooth, changing from 14 to 15, causes a similar deviation in the speedometer (showing a speed that is lower than reality), and in the odometer (showing less miles from reality). Deviation of about 7%. If your fuel level gauge has another deviation in it, as in my case, the last line starts flashing after 9 liters, with 4 liters left (according to the specifications should flash when it reaches to 1.5 liter (Full tank at 13 liters).

Given all these DATA, the calculation of your fuel consumption should, in my opinion, stand at about 28.5 kilometers per liter. It's OK!
REF: At maximum I measured 34 kilometers per liter -
  • Riding on a plain,
  • Rider weight 80 kilos,
  • Speed 90 km / h (true),
  • With no headwind.

As the speed increases, the wind resistance increases, and the fuel consumption figure drops dramatically.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
With original 14tooth sprocket speed read is so much higher that after changing to 15tooth read of speed is still higher than real speed, but less, now its only 5 kmh more than on gps. Measure was with gps on phone. You are right that change of sprocket has impact on odometer and fuel calculation, but its faulty on original set of sprockets, now on 15 tooth its more accurate. Honda just lie, fuel tank capacity is lie in spec and fuel per milleage is lie. But i think that not only calculation are important to fuel consumpion in this subject, this engine has better torque with 14 sprocket and fuel consumption is lower, now matter of oddometer accuracy. I have to try run out of fuel to empty tank, will check real capacity.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have to try run out of fuel to empty tank, will check real capacity.
Dear friend, there was already someone who checked it, and found that it was indeed 13 liters:
https://www.cbr250.net...totaly-empty-gas-tank-filled-up(LINK)

Maybe you should read this too:
Because the bike has an in tank fuel pump, the gasoline itself acts as a coolant for the fuel pump. Bottom line is that you don't want run the tank dry, or close to dry, but rather maintain a sufficient amount of fuel in the bottom of the tank to keep the fuel pump within its designed operating temp. So if the bike is refueled within a reasonable number of miles when the last bar on the gauge starts flashing, the fuel pump will be happy... run it repeatedly down to the last few ounces, and you will very likely be looking at replacing that $200 to $250 fuel pump at some point.
REF LINK: https://www.cbr250.net...tank-capacity-reserve-indicator

Reactions: RodgerMillan

·
Registered
556 Posts
That's old-wive's tale!!! Just like rumour about not running low on petrol because you'll suck up crud and crap at bottom of tank.

Many pumps are designed to be used as internal or external pumps. No problems because it's actually the petrol flowing through inside of pump that carries heat away. I've measured temperatures of pumps running outside and no matter how long I run it, even empty, they never get over 30-40C.

There has never, ever been documented case of pump failing from overheating due to running tank empty.

·
Registered
853 Posts
There has never, ever been documented case of pump failing from overheating due to running tank empty.
Probably, when using all the fuel tank capacity at CBR250 (about 350 km) the pump probably collapses earlier than expected (Regulator failure-LINK). Although this only happens after tens of thousands kilometers, but it should have held at least double then that. Most motorcycles do not reach high mileage, so it is difficult to accumulate statistics data.

Manufacturers never volunteer to take responsibility and lose money (Recalling).
Our motorcycle has two typical problems:
1. A matter of the timing chain tensioner, which needs to be replaced every 20,000 km. Anyone who does not change at the "updated" schedule may experience significant damage to the valves and engine.
2. Now it turns out that there is a problem with the fuel pump? Whoever regularly pulls the fuel tank filler to 350 Km, probably his fuel pump will hold less time. Our friend MotoMike(LINK) trying to explained why.
Factual: My pump failed at less then 66,000 Km - LINK (the regulator broke down),
in addition, I thought that only my fuel gauge reaches the last line and flashes when 4-5 liters left, and I found that this is happens to all of us.
1 + 1 + 1 = 3
Maybe the manufacturer recognizes the problem
and "recommends" to fill the fuel tank earlier( flashes when 4-5 liters)?
But it is clear to you that the fuel gauge shows an empty tank (according to the specifications there are 1.5 liters left),
when in reality the situation is 1/3 left(4 liters left), yes?
Because our fuel consumption is excellent, there is no problem in principle to refill at 250 Km, and not after 350 Km (Even if it's possible).
Because 250 is an impressive figures this is not a really a problem(y),
BUT .... it is a problem !!!(n)

Reactions: RodgerMillan
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.