Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice in 5th i get slippage or Hick ups, does any of you experience this? What could it be?

·
Registered
426 Posts
not sure what you mean. Do you mean the bike is sluggish and bucks like on a wild horse? What rpm are u at while in 5th gear? I only go into 5th gear while on the highway at speeds over 100kph. In town, 50-60kph, i am usually in 3rd or 4th gear to keep the rpm around the 7-8k range.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I had a similar problem but it wasnt specific to one gear...finally figured out that the gear lever was too high and I wasnt fully clicking into gear with my foot....I adjusted it down much lower and fixed the problem..well, almost...every once in a blue moon ill still do it

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had a similar problem but it wasnt specific to one gear...finally figured out that the gear lever was too high and I wasnt fully clicking into gear with my foot....I adjusted it down much lower and fixed the problem..well, almost...every once in a blue moon ill still do it
what? the gear lever can be adjusted? i asked the dealer about it, and they said i just do not click it right... i am gonna take it in

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
what? the gear lever can be adjusted? i asked the dealer about it, and they said i just do not click it right... i am gonna take it in
Two 10mm open spanners and shorten/lengthen the rod and you can make the lever as high or low as you want, I dropped mine 25mm when it was brand new.

Talk to mechanics not salesmen at your dealer or go elsewhere.
This is one adjustment that is not in the manual.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Two 10mm open spanners and shorten/lengthen the rod and you can make the lever as high or low as you want, I dropped mine 25mm when it was brand new.

Talk to mechanics not salesmen at your dealer or go elsewhere.
This is one adjustment that is not in the manual.
What he said..its really easy to do....just loosen the two nuts on the left and right of the rod that connects to the shifter lever (if you get down and look you cant miss it) then spinning it away from you or towards you either raises or lowers the foot lever...then tighten nuts back..i used a pair of vice grips cuz I didnt have the small 10mm wrench at the time..i rode a bit then adjusted it again...took about 5 times before I got it just right

1 - 11 of 11 Posts