Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock everything, was on a ride alongside my brother on his hayabusa, and he wanted to kick it into a higher speed, so i drafted him and managed to get my little guy hugging at 95. Though i am a lighter guy (150) that's pretty good for this little single cylinder eh? My other bike is an fzr600

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tach was right on the red, so it definitely wasn't gonna go any faster, but those vibrations that I've heard so much about are barely there unless you death grip the tank with your knees.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
That means its geared perfectly if it will redline in top.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Highest speed limit here is 70 which means 90+ will be an automatic reckless driving ticket, so yeah 95 top end is fast enough :)

I've had mine to about 85 for a good amount of time and it was plenty comfy, and like the o.p. don't notice any bone rattling vibrations.

·
Registered
681 Posts
First I've hard of anyone reaching 95. It's faster than I'll ever try to go on mine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have gotten mine up to 95 mph (speedo reading so who knows what it actually is).

I can confirm that there is not that much vibration up that high - just watch those gusts of winds. A couple cross breezes hit when your going around a corner can throw your line off big time.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Stock everything, was on a ride alongside my brother on his hayabusa, and he wanted to kick it into a higher speed, so i drafted him and managed to get my little guy hugging at 95. Though i am a lighter guy (150) that's pretty good for this little single cylinder eh? My other bike is an fzr600
I also have a fzr 600. Doesnt it feel hudge after riding the CBR 250

·
Registered
400 Posts
hit 93 when stock slightly downhill on the freeway,hit 91 on a windy freeway with the exhaust system,but by that time i had cought up to traffic and slowed down.
not sure about the actual speed

when i go to the next city over,i take a backroad that has radars that tell you the speed and flash when your going too fast.

in my car they are pretty acurate,and on my bike they tell me exactly the same speed i am going,but as u get closer to it the speedo on the radar decreases.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hit 93 when stock slightly downhill on the freeway,hit 91 on a windy freeway with the exhaust system,but by that time i had cought up to traffic and slowed down.
not sure about the actual speed

when i go to the next city over,i take a backroad that has radars that tell you the speed and flash when your going too fast. I don't think the cbr could get up to 95 without drafting the busa though.

in my car they are pretty acurate,and on my bike they tell me exactly the same speed i am going,but as u get closer to it the speedo on the radar decreases.
I also have two radars that do the same right by my house, and their spot on with what my speedo says. Also the busa's speedo read 95.

I also have a fzr 600. Doesnt it feel hudge after riding the CBR 250
It does! It feels like some kind of monster. I want my next bike to be a lot lighter weight, but still another 600.

That means its geared perfectly if it will redline in top.
I'd say so! Though I was gonna look into getting some shorter gearing for EVEN more get up and go. Even though it already has high torque.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys Just and update i did a 167kph today on the highway. Its a level straight road. I am also doin 0-100kph in 7.2. I will post some videos this weekend just for you to see. Bike is stock standard and she has done 1248km. She runs better and better everyday.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I could only manage 149km/hr down the front straight of Eastern Creek, tucked in...
I am 90+ kegs though.

Mines at ~2100 km's and recently has really free'd up.. especially the gear box.

I have the 5500 rattle that most speak of as well... does seem to be getting a touch better though. *shrug*.

·
Registered
18 Posts
drafting at 95

Nice. What was your tach at?
Note - I just had mine at 90 the other day. All stock. Didn't redline but simply ran out of real estate and had to back it down.

·
Registered
152 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I think it is fine the way it is, I dont see how the gearing can be considered perfect if the goal (top gear to redline) reqires drafting. =Needs power.

Then the high HP big bore multis have less than perfect gearing, because they will trot past redline in top gear, so they have rev limiters.

I have not checked the Gearing commander, but nice to know it is geared for 105 if it had the power. I had a 78 suzuki 550, and a rz350, both topped out at 105 mph, wide open in top gear. It would really surpise me if my cbr250 did that, and I dont expect it stock.

·
Registered
1 Posts
96 MPH the day I got my endorsement, I swear it would hit 97 if i had some more rooom. all stock with air box cover taken off, at 10.5k redline :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts