Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has installed thre Bazzaz Z-fi unit with the stock exhaust?

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Nope...not me. Installed with full Yosh exhaust. You considering the Bazzaz with stock? Would be interesting to compare if, or how difference the Bazzaz makes

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
I'm interested in this set up too, but seems to be zero info on it. Even from Bazzaz.

Tiz a pity because if they just did a dyno with it, and it was positive I'm sure they'd sell more than a few extra units.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I'm interested in this set up too, but seems to be zero info on it. Even from Bazzaz.

Tiz a pity because if they just did a dyno with it, and it was positive I'm sure they'd sell more than a few extra units.
I agree, but, apparently that's the plus for this piece of equipment, user friendly with own computer for self mapping. My bike definately has more torque off the line, no doubt about it; then again, it's nicely broken in with no babying. Bike rides better every time I hop on, and definately loves to be pushed.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
In the event anyone DOES wanna post about using the Z-Fi with stock exhaust, I'm also very curious about this as well. I switched over to this bike from a cruiser with Vance & Hines pipes. I'm done with loud bikes but want a little more torque. I've seen a lot of good reviews for the Bazzaz unit. Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In the event anyone DOES wanna post about using the Z-Fi with stock exhaust, I'm also very curious about this as well. I switched over to this bike from a cruiser with Vance & Hines pipes. I'm done with loud bikes but want a little more torque. I've seen a lot of good reviews for the Bazzaz unit. Any thoughts on this matter would be appreciated.
I might be wrong, but my suspicion is that the fuel metering is more of a culprit than the muffler in holding the power back.
The muffler is still a weight thing though.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i dont know anyone who that owns a cbr that has done so but I know a ton of guys on bigger bikes that have them with stock exhaust. Its makes it better. you can bog it more and the throttle response is better.
I dont get this loud exhaust thing. The wind noise I get from riding at 60 plus mph far far out weighs anything the exhaust is doing.
Wear ear plugs people! even with stock. Hearing you cannot get back

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Once I had loud pipes for a while, they started to get on my nerves. Then, I felt bad for neighbors who had to endure that obnoxious racket whenever I started my bike. The quiet (stock) pipes allow me to focus on the ride instead.

Now, last time I had the fuel injection remapped on a bike, it was for said loud pipes. It was the Power Commander. I'm admittedly inexperienced on the subject matter, but is there any particular advantage of one, like the Bazzaz, over another? Don't they all essentially serve the same purpose? I've seen the Bazzaz talked about a lot, but is that just meta-popularity? I'm thinking of getting mine remapped soon and would like more information.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am running a Z-FMI and their Z-AFM autotuner with the stock exhaust.
I have removed the air filter access cover for a little induction noise though.I am also running a second wideband O2 sensor connected to a AEM air/fuel gauge.I rode with just the gauge for a while to check the OEM tune.
OEM tune went to 12.8:1 at WOT and as lean as 15:1 at 55-60kph in third gear at steady speed cruise.That is exactly where I had what felt like a lean misfire and with the air filter lid off you could hear a sort of gurgle.At idle is was set really fat 12.8:1.

I have since tuned the idle to 14.0:1
The rest of my fuel map goes from 14.5:1 @5-10% throttle upto 13.0:1 at 100% throttle in steps.
Lean misfire is gone and the bike runs very smoothly.Any added power?
Who knows without dyno runs but it's drivability is even better :)

I am on the hunt for a quiet(ish) slip-on to get rid of that 15# anchor.It will be interesting how much the AFM will want to change the tune.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Also....my fuel economy went UP an few MPG.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Also....my fuel economy went UP an few MPG.
Your experience is inline with what was told to me by my mechanic who is also a dynojet tuning center. I was getting my frame sliders installed along with a few other things (came in for oil swap and labor was included so why not) and picked his brain while he was tuning a bmw s1000rr for dragging (btw, that bike was putting out 194 hp at the wheel and he was certain he could get 195).

He's tuned a couple cbr's and said without additional mods (meaning otherwise stock) you would see fuel savings for sure, or at least that's all he would guarantee. With the remap it would feel like better power but in reality it would be the same, just distributed better.

He felt dropping weight, exhaust, and depending on needs sprocket swaps would alter performance more noticeably.

At that time he also fired up a dozen bikes for me to hear different exhausts and volume. My delkevic aftermarket 14" oval ss is a gentle breeze compared to a Ducati panigale stock. I am no longer worried about my neighbors. Pretty much every bike there as stock was louder than my cbr250r modified. I don't think the cbr straight pipe could touch the Ducati with exhaust.

Sorry off topic. Back to task at hand. Considering his reputation in our community, his comments renewed my faith in the tuners/hobbyists in this forum. You guys generally give good advice. So to the op, listen to them. They give good advice

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
47 Posts
There is(or was)a vid on u-tube showing the CBR250R with the Bazzaz, no other mods. Claimed major improvements due to the fuel mapping. Think they mentioned the fuel mileage dropped to around 50 MPG. Have fun,stay safe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i have a Bazzaz question as well...
I'm considering buying the Bazzaz fuel mapping controller, but im not too big into tuning. i have a full Leo Vince corsa exhaust and ill eventually be replacing the air filter with a K&N my question to anyone out there is whether or not it makes a big difference running the slip on map while running a full exhaust? i reset my ecu when i installed my exhaust following the japanese youtube videos i found here on one of the threads, and that seemed to make a big difference but i feel like i can get a bit more responsiveness out of a bazzaz tuner i just dont know if its bad to run the slip on tune with a full exhaust.
Anyone else doing this? any input?
i know the auto mapper accessory is a great idea but im not sure if i want to get into all of that with drilling into the leo vince and welding on an o2 bung...i dont have a welder.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts