Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picture this. My brand new CBR 250 is parked in front of my favorite Mexcian restaurant, and everyone is sitting on the patio. I go to start my bike, and I accidentally drop the key. It does not fall through the cowling, and it is stuck somewhere. Now, I'm reachfing down to find where it may have hung up. Ouch---everything is still hot from my ride. The bottom line----on the bottom left side of the cowling, there is an area where two of the fiberglass panels form a pocket----wouldn't you know it---and it was a bitch to get my key out of there. My audience from the restaurant must have thought this guy is nuts. Now, my key ring has small, soft, Tecate beer punching bag hanging from it. I'm new to this group. I love my bike. I'm having a ball. Many safe miles ahead. Whipsaw.

·
Registered
389 Posts
hum.....Tecate beer and Mexican food, what area are you in?

Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Welcome! I was filling up at the gas station and when I was leaving, I started my bike. Then put it into first and it shut off. I was riding with hubs and a friend and I'm like omg. My bike is messed up! The fuel injection malfunction light was on and that made me worry. Then hubs walks up and is like, "I love you. But your kickstand is still down." lmao. I felt like an idiot. But thank goodness for that sensor!!!! So don't feel bad about dropping your key. That isn't an "idiot" thing to do. :eek:

·
Registered
305 Posts
This was the first time I ever forgot. Bleh. Lol

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Don't worry Whipsaw, that could happen to anyone...well, not me, mind you..but anyone else. LOL ;)

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Last track day i did, we picked up a extra bike and didnt have room on trailer so i agreed to put my bike in back of a friends truck. We drive 2 hours to track at 6 am. My buddy says " i stopped and filled your tank". I said thank you. Lets ride. Get leathers out, Morning stretches. Go to unload my bike for tech and no gas cap. ****! Wheres gas cap... Better yet where is the key????? " buddy says **** i left it on side of truck. I called gas station 2 hours away. They found the cap and key in parking lot. So i drove to get it. Missed morning sessions. Sucked bad.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have a "tether" type keychain and I hold onto the tether part with my middle, ring and pinkie fingers while I'm inserting the key in case it slips or something.

SS: I love that episode of southpark! LOL

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have a "tether" type keychain and I hold onto the tether part with my middle, ring and pinkie fingers while I'm inserting the key in case it slips or something.

SS: I love that episode of southpark! LOL
^ Pics?

·
Registered
534 Posts
It's nothing fancy, just some el cheapo one from lowes. I liked the camo. lol

The other part I like is that it doesn't flop around much and even when it does I don't have to worry about it scratching anything because it's just a nylon material.

·
Registered
132 Posts
^^ you were asked for PICS not a description!! :p

·
Registered
534 Posts
Quiet you! I'll put up pictures of your monkey face keychain! LOL

·
Registered
132 Posts
Quiet you! I'll put up pictures of your monkey face keychain! LOL
You don't scare me, I'LL put up pics of my Monkey Face..... It goes well with the bike.:p

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'll never forget the feeling of taking it home from the dealership brand new. Washed it when i got home. Polished it. took it to work that night. Go to get on after work, don't quite get the leg high enough, jeans get caught on tail spear thing me and bike fall over on the first day on concrete. No damage thankfully. i guess i got over the fear of knocking it over quickly though.

·
Registered
305 Posts
That's what I've been thinking is going to happen to me. The first time I drop my bike will be because I get my pant leg caught on something. lol.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'll never forget the feeling of taking it home from the dealership brand new. Washed it when i got home. Polished it. took it to work that night. Go to get on after work, don't quite get the leg high enough, jeans get caught on tail spear thing me and bike fall over on the first day on concrete. No damage thankfully. i guess i got over the fear of knocking it over quickly though.
LOL, that's awful! You didn't have a "crowd" watching did you?? I've found out that these bikes actually take a stationary drop VERY well.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome! I was filling up at the gas station and when I was leaving, I started my bike. Then put it into first and it shut off. I was riding with hubs and a friend and I'm like omg. My bike is messed up! The fuel injection malfunction light was on and that made me worry. Then hubs walks up and is like, "I love you. But your kickstand is still down." lmao. I felt like an idiot. But thank goodness for that sensor!!!! So don't feel bad about dropping your key. That isn't an "idiot" thing to do. :eek:
^ Did that to myself just the other day also at a gas station. I felt sheepish. Put the stand up and rode off just knowing I was that guy lol. had a laugh about it later

1 - 19 of 19 Posts