Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
I added mine. Have to quit seeing my top speed on the turnpike all the way home if I want better mileage. Course, that's not why I bought this beauty :D.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Interceptor

I just noticed that the Honda Interceptor is the #1 bike on Fuelly with 220. Surprising for what is actually a low selling niche bike. Also surprising are the low numbers. Those guys must all hammer the bike to post 40 mpg US. The Interceptor has a V-Tec engine. I would have thought you could get mid 60's.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just noticed that the Honda Interceptor is the #1 bike on Fuelly with 220. Surprising for what is actually a low selling niche bike. Also surprising are the low numbers. Those guys must all hammer the bike to post 40 mpg US. The Interceptor has a V-Tec engine. I would have thought you could get mid 60's.
I've often wondered about that as well. It appears that the VFR800's mileage is worse than a BMW R1200GS! Surely Honda could've done better.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My mileage is going down with every fill up. My last fill up netted me 60 mpg. I'm averaging 66. It is due for its 600 mile service & I'll be taking it in Monday or Tuesday.

·
Registered
272 Posts
My mileage is going down with every fill up. My last fill up netted me 60 mpg. I'm averaging 66. It is due for its 600 mile service & I'll be taking it in Monday or Tuesday.
I suspect this has to do with riding it harder as I got over 300 miles. I used the manuals 300 mile marker, which I arrived at riding below 6500 rpm, with no full throttle. Since that 300 mile marker, I've rode it increasingly harder, now often revving it to the redline in 1-3 gears, sometimes 4th, which it will do, all under full throttle. I'm curious if the valves needs adjusted, & if doing so will increase mileage or performance, or both.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I saw we had 87 bikes this morning compared to 157 of the ninja. I'd say the cbr250r crowd seems a lot more sophisticated and more interested in their mileage as well.

One poor guy listed his 1989, but couldn't even muster an average. One goof listed a 2012...

1 - 20 of 150 Posts