Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I've been stalking around here for a few weeks (when I bought my black CBR) and finally deciding to register. I've been looking at all the awesome paint jobs you guys have been doing and I have a few questions.

I've decided I'm going to plasti dip my windshield because it's cheap and reversible. But in addition, I'd like my rims, and maybe some other accents (brake/clutch random silver spots) painted a neon green.

What would be the most effective and the cheapest way to go about the paint?

I'm open to all suggestions, although I am hesitant on removing much of the bike myself.

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
394 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha. I liked the idea of red, or yellow, but I do like that right Greene:)

I was thinking of jus plasti dipping the rims and leaving it at that. Would that be a bad idea?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Painting the brake discs with black plastic-dip will be so cool. Try it.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts

I was thinking of jus plasti dipping the rims and leaving it at that. Would that be a bad idea?

Mehhhh????:confused:

·
Super Moderator
6,949 Posts

Welcome to the madhouse that is CBR250R.NET,

Nothing wrong with PD on the "Wheels"... Just don't start a "How To Plasti Dip Your Wheels" thread, and post to it 97 times touting how wonderful and rubberlishous it is. Ditto for the Windscreen. The forum is filled to the brim with Plasti Dip How To tutorials.

Definitely post up pic's of your bike when its done. It should be interesting to see the Black bike w/ Green wheels. For my 2 cents worth, I like the silver wheels, especially on the Black bike.:cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Nothing wrong with PD on the "Wheels"... Just don't start a "How To Plasti Dip Your Wheels" thread, and post to it 97 times touting how wonderful and rubberlishous it is. Ditto for the Windscreen. The forum is filled to the brim with Plasti Dip How To tutorials.

Definitely post up pic's of your bike when its done. It should be interesting to see the Black bike w/ Green wheels. For my 2 cents worth, I like the silver wheels, especially on the Black bike.:cool:
Thanks everyone.

Haha I have seen quite a few threads...

I do like the silver, but being a male teen , I NEED to stand out more:)

I'm definately going to give it a go, I'll post pics this week!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Just don't start a "How To Plasti Dip Your Wheels" thread, and post to it 97 times touting how wonderful and rubberlishous it is.
But it was so much fun reading that thread!

·
Banned
834 Posts
Smart man....plasti dip is your friend compadre.

FYI- You can get custom plasti dip colors at : plastidipyourcar.com

Although it will be a little more expensive with the custom color, you have the benefit of reverting back to stock anytime you want and you don't have to sand the surface before applying the color as you do with paint.

If you ever plan on moving up to a bigger bike you will want to stick with cheap mods like PD, $12-$18 to do your wheels, windscreen, heat shield and accents is as cheap as you can get. For under $20 you can customize your bike, help protect those parts and can revert back to stock when it's time to sell.

I think I've helped change the way people around the world will mod their two-fiddys using Plasti Dip. lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
For under $20 you can customize your bike, help protect those parts and can revert back to stock when it's time to sell.

I think I've helped change the way people around the world will mod their two-fiddys using Plasti Dip. lol
Should've told me before my crash in January :p

·
Registered
356 Posts

:
roflroflrofl
:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts