Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought honda cbr250r one year back 2018 model and just 6500 completed ,yesterday when I am going for a ride suddenly a weird whistle sound added to the engine sound and the speed and pickup decreases as the sound increases the bike slow down as if some one stopping it. Next day I went to the technician but the sound did not come so he checked coolant engine oil brakes everything is fine but the problem is not rectified. I am sure that the sound is coming from engine left side.can any one please help to rectify the actual problem.Thanks

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Sai.
You've got me stumped, but maybe this will get you started. Use the "search" bar to search for "engine noise" and a lot more threads will come up that you can peruse while waiting for more input.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I have bought honda cbr250r one year back 2018 model and just 6500 completed ,yesterday when I am going for a ride suddenly a weird whistle sound added to the engine sound and the speed and pickup decreases as the sound increases the bike slow down as if some one stopping it. Next day I went to the technician but the sound did not come so he checked coolant engine oil brakes everything is fine but the problem is not rectified. I am sure that the sound is coming from engine left side.can any one please help to rectify the actual problem.Thanks
I think I'd pull the cover on that side (Stator cover) and take a look. Stators do fail on CBRs, and maybe it has started to come apart.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Can you make a clip of the sound and send us over the link as sounds can mean a L O T. Right from normal engine behavior to sinister ones.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!
VJ

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you make a clip of the sound and send us over the link as sounds can mean a L O T. Right from normal engine behavior to sinister ones.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!
VJ
Yes VJ thanks .It happens sometimes from 2 weeks it is normal . I will post the sound once I face the issue again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts