Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday all

after getting my bike today my dad wants another one~~ but because of his hip he will need a a low bike to get his leg over~ any suggestion he is only short i think 5ft8 (Im 6ft4 haha)

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
You may be looking at a lower cc cruiser

·
Registered
636 Posts
You may be looking at a lower cc cruiser
I agree..try a yamaha 250 V-Star, honda rebel, or even the suzuki boulevard LS650 which is a little bigger displacement wise, but it is a single cylinder and an extremely nice bike..good luck to you and your dad..

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
How about a larger cc scooter like the Silverwing or BMW makes one. Then he could step through. Maybe not his cup of tea, but it could be more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Cruisers in general are a good choice. Even my GF who's 5'3" can have both feet flat on the ground on some of the 750cc+ models. I also agree with the scooter as a suggestion. Honda has the Silver Wing, and Suzuki makes very sufficient large scooters as well in the Burgman series. They're a great motorcycle-alternative for people who need it and also for people who are just tired of shifting gears after all these years.

·
Registered
628 Posts
The new HD 883's have a seat height of like 24" and ground clearance of 3-4". Hes should check that out. Only 7k for a 2012

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
The HD 883xl is 24"? Wow, I thought it was 28 but I owned an 07...That low seating would be a real confidence booster for sure:)

·
Registered
628 Posts
The HD 883xl is 24"? Wow, I thought it was 28 but I owned an 07...That low seating would be a real confidence booster for sure:)
Dont quote me on the exact number but im positive its within a couple of inches from 24". I sat on one the other day. Almost as low as my sporty. Forward controls seem a bit awkwardly placed though. I like mine a little further out.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not sure of what price range you're looking at or exactly how low the bike needs to be but the Triumph Bonneville is fairly low (I think around 29") and doesn't have any fairing or much of a raised rear seat that would need to be cleared when climbing aboard. Honda Rebel has already been suggested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try looking into finding a used Kawasaki Vulcan 500. They are carbureted, but they are extremely comfortable and have a very low seat height. The bike is a little bulky but I can manage the weight just fine even at low speed maneuvers. The bike is also pretty comfortable when cruising at 70-75 mph on the freeway with little vibration.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts