Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking here for months now, awaiting my chance to actually see and touch the 250 in person. I have been calling around and routinely checking in with dealers within about an hour's distance.

About three weeks ago, during the drive home from work, I found myself behind a bike turning into my neighborhood. As he made the turn in front of me, I said to myself: "That looks like a CBR250." A red one.

Driving past my house, I decided to follow the bike to see where it would lead me. About 1/2 a mile up the street, the bike pulled into a driveway, and I pulled up and parked on the street. I approached the rider, who had gotten off the bike to open the garage door, and I'm sure he was wondering what I was up to. As I walked up, I asked "Is that a CBR?" He relaxed noticeably, and we had a nice chat about the bike and how hard they are to come by around here. He didn't offer to let me swing a leg over, and I didn't ask. Anyway, I thought it was kind of neat that someone nearby had managed to find one.

A few days ago, my daughter mentioned that the neighbor across the street just got a new motorcycle (he did not own a bike in the nine years we've lived here). I didn't think much of it, but this morning I saw him riding for the first time, and I thought: "That looks kind of like a CBR250." It was black. I chuckled a little to myself as he stalled it pulling into his driveway.

This afternoon, I got a call from the local dealer, who informed me that they had just received a CBR. It was pre-sold, but I'd have a chance to look it over. Hopped on my BV250 and went to have a look. Talked at length with the salesman about it, and heard all about how rare they've been. He told me about how he had sold the previous unit they'd received. Turns out it was, in fact, the bike now owned by the guy across the street...

After mulling it over for a bit, I put a deposit on their next unit, which is supposed to also be in black, and received sometime next week. So it seems like I've got the beginning of a CBR250 club within the boundaries of my own neighborhood.

Now it's time to start shopping for accessories: panniers and tailbag, tank bag, etc., etc.

Mark

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
New Conquest

That is amazing. Soon to be 3 CBR250Rs on the same block! This bike is magic at making people want to motorcyle. Honda must be kicking themselves for not challenging the Ninja250 for the last 20 years. I have had mine for only 2 weeks and it already has 600 miles on it.
I've been lurking here for months now, awaiting my chance to actually see and touch the 250 in person. I have been calling around and routinely checking in with dealers within about an hour's distance.

About three weeks ago, during the drive home from work, I found myself behind a bike turning into my neighborhood. As he made the turn in front of me, I said to myself: "That looks like a CBR250." A red one.

Driving past my house, I decided to follow the bike to see where it would lead me. About 1/2 a mile up the street, the bike pulled into a driveway, and I pulled up and parked on the street. I approached the rider, who had gotten off the bike to open the garage door, and I'm sure he was wondering what I was up to. As I walked up, I asked "Is that a CBR?" He relaxed noticeably, and we had a nice chat about the bike and how hard they are to come by around here. He didn't offer to let me swing a leg over, and I didn't ask. Anyway, I thought it was kind of neat that someone nearby had managed to find one.

A few days ago, my daughter mentioned that the neighbor across the street just got a new motorcycle (he did not own a bike in the nine years we've lived here). I didn't think much of it, but this morning I saw him riding for the first time, and I thought: "That looks kind of like a CBR250." It was black. I chuckled a little to myself as he stalled it pulling into his driveway.

This afternoon, I got a call from the local dealer, who informed me that they had just received a CBR. It was pre-sold, but I'd have a chance to look it over. Hopped on my BV250 and went to have a look. Talked at length with the salesman about it, and heard all about how rare they've been. He told me about how he had sold the previous unit they'd received. Turns out it was, in fact, the bike now owned by the guy across the street...

After mulling it over for a bit, I put a deposit on their next unit, which is supposed to also be in black, and received sometime next week. So it seems like I've got the beginning of a CBR250 club within the boundaries of my own neighborhood.

Now it's time to start shopping for accessories: panniers and tailbag, tank bag, etc., etc.

Mark

·
Registered
636 Posts
That is amazing. Soon to be 3 CBR250Rs on the same block! This bike is magic at making people want to motorcyle. Honda must be kicking themselves for not challenging the Ninja250 for the last 20 years. I have had mine for only 2 weeks and it already has 600 miles on it.
people do seem to be drawn to this bike..when i tell people ive got it they want to see it and even my girlfriends father who owns 3 harleys like the cbr..not to mention it is super fun to ride!!:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
people do seem to be drawn to this bike..when i tell people ive got it they want to see it and even my girlfriends father who owns 3 harleys like the cbr..not to mention it is super fun to ride!!:D
So he doesn't mind seeing his daughter on the back of a bike that's not a Harley eh?

·
Registered
681 Posts
The CBR is awesome. The more I ride mine the more I love it! I can't wait until my break in period is over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts