Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in March, I took the MSF course and passed it... the plan was to go Motorcycle shopping at the end of March. There's a saying; "life happens when you're making plans." Life happened.

I was sitting in the DMV on the afternoon of March 9th getting the pretty little "M" on my licence and I got a call that my dad wasn't doing so well and to "come now" He's in Texas, I'm in Tennessee... so the plan was to start driving the morning of the next day. He died the following morning.

so the next week we (me, wife, sister, her husband, etc.. etc.. ) caravan to Texas for the funeral... and the day after the funeral, while staying at a friends overnight, my wife trips on a step and breaks her ankle. According to the doctor.. "one of the worst breaks you can possibly have in that area"

So yeah, my CBR buying had to take a back seat for a little while since it's not like I could ride it anyway because my wife couldn't drive at all... but there's good news. She's been cleared to drive now, the plan for her next physical therapy session is to get her off crutches entirely. I've spent this time keeping up on what I learned in the MSF, checking out videos and this site... I'm hoping to be shopping for a CBR as early as this weekend. Hopefully "life happening" will see fit to be done with us for a little while, since my wife hasn't had a banner year either (she lost her dad on new years eve).

·
Registered
628 Posts
Condolances on you and your wifes loss, sucks. The ceebee will be there whenever your ready lol. No rush

·
Registered
426 Posts
sorry to hear about your dad. I can understand how you feel. A shock when it happens suddenly like that. My father died in March this year. Tho he was 79, was relatively healthy. My sister/bro-in-law spoke to him that morning with plans to go out in the afternoon. When they went to pick him up, he wasnt answering the door/phone. They found him dead. Atleast it looked like it was quick and peaceful.

on a motorcycle/and on topic note...
Funny how a series of evens unfolds. I started back in riding with scooters in 2007. A 50cc to a 150cc to a 460cc.

on a whim on Sept 09 2011 i stopped at the motor vehicle branch. I went in to ask about removing the scooter restriction on my license (here if you do road tests on a scooter you are restricted to scooters) I ended up with 2 motorcycle license (class 6) 1 for scooters/1 for motorcycles(6L) i have to do a road test on a motorcycle to remove restriction. at the time never really expected much to come of the 6L and expected to be riding scooters for a while longer.

Did some looking at motorcycle websites and saw the CBR250r on the Honda site. On Sept 23 stopped at dealership to look at one and fell in love. Next day i went to 2 other dealers to look and check prices.

Ended up getting new cbr250ra at 2nd dealer i looked at. put a deposit down on Oct 01. On Oct 08 i sold my old bike.

On Oct 14 2011 i picked up and drove home my shiney new Honda .. and that day just also happened to be my birthday :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
grats on the birthday CBR :D

i'm looking forward to it, there's a little bit of fear in there but that's due to lack of experience but I actually enjoyed the MSF. For the record I hate driving cars, if I could teleport and be done with it I would but I enjoyed the bike a *LOT* more than I expected.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Kind thoughts and condolences. Take care of your people.
I have yet to go for a test ride because I am nursing a very sick wife.
We'll get there. All things have there time.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sorry to hear about your familys great loss and your wife's ankle. When the time does come for you to get your bike you'll love it. These are great little bikes.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Reaching a goal is always sweeter and more greatly appreciated when achieved. You will enjoy your bike much more now. :)

·
Registered
878 Posts
Condolences on the loss of your father and I hope your wife heals quickly. Hope you get on two wheels real soon, you'll love your CBR.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts