Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm 20 and have lived in the Green Bay area my whole life. I'm going to buy a CBR250R tomorrow, and should have it by the weekend! They only have red and silver in the showroom but I want black! :)

Is anyone else on here from around this general area?
Also what kind of advice can you guys give me that you wish someone gave you when you bought your first bike?

Thanks, Luke

·
Registered
706 Posts
Would suck to be buying this late in the season. We've only got a month or so more of good riding.

·
Registered
116 Posts
i just bought my bike 2.5 weeks ago and i think it was definitely worth it buying the bike this year even with the short amount of time i have left to ride before winter storage.

i got the black bike and love the color, but i think i would have been just as happy with the red/silver one. (plus people would see me better at night, so i guess that would have been a plus)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Color

Red pretty much appears black at night, which is why fire trucks are switching to yellow. But are there any studies out there that indicate whether the color of a bike contributes to its safety?

Congrats on getting the bike; I would wait for the color you want if I were you, otherwise you might be regretting it for a long time....

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah the shop just got it in last night, they'll have it assembled by the weekend. The part which really sucks is I can't get my learner's permit til my occupational license expires and I get my regular Class D back. I can take the test ahead of time and go get both on October 3rd. Looks like I'll have to leave my exhaust stock til then to avoid trouble :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
Would suck to be buying this late in the season. We've only got a month or so more of good riding.
Come down to Australia...springtime has arrived...mind you any time of the year is generally good riding here. Also you can get the tricolour option :p

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Also what kind of advice can you guys give me that you wish someone gave you when you bought your first bike?

Thanks, Luke
Riding motorcycles is dangerous, you may be maimed or killed.

Enjoy :)

·
1,305 Posts
Come down to Australia...springtime has arrived...mind you any time of the year is generally good riding here. Also you can get the tricolour option :p

we have about another 3 months of riding season here in California before next year... do you have any vacation time saved up?

best piece of advice someone gave me.....

remember to click down into first as starting the bike in 2nd is a pain...

·
Registered
706 Posts
I wish, I'd love to live near the ocean in Australia. However it's probably as expensive living there as California or New York (cheap rent is $1300 USD a month... where I'm paying $200 for a 900 sq foot apartment) I'm sticking with black on black though =)

Riding motorcycles is dangerous, you may be maimed or killed.

Enjoy :)
True Facts haha

·
1,305 Posts
I wish, I'd love to live near the ocean in Australia. However it's probably as expensive living there as California or New York (cheap rent is $1300 USD a month... where I'm paying $200 for a 900 sq foot apartment) I'm sticking with black on black though =)

but other then the traffic, earthquakes, gangs, the police and the really expensive rent.... California is a great place to live lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys, you think it would be in my best interest to have the shop hold the bike til I get my temps? Or should I drive it home so I have a month to work on it before I can actually ride it?

·
1,305 Posts
Thanks guys, you think it would be in my best interest to have the shop hold the bike til I get my temps? Or should I drive it home so I have a month to work on it before I can actually ride it?

honestly bro, thats completely up to you.

are they going to deliver it? or would you ride it home?

Nothing would be worse the wrecking your new bike without insurance.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Get them to deliver it home to/for you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Definitly get them to deliver it. i think it was a really important first step to just ride around in the neighborhood i live in for a little while and get used the the clutch friction zone, as well as the other controls in a much more stable enviorment. especially since the ride home would have been on 2 freeways and 1 highway over 15 miles.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
its funny..i had to wait over 2 months for the first red/silver to arrive at the dealer-all dealers in the geographic area actually, i checked.....while i was waiting they got 3 black ones in...2 of those were ordered after mine had been :(
I told the sales manager they were pathetic because everyone on this forum wanted black but red/silver was what everone elses dealers had sitting in their showroom floors...i tell ya..i hate my Greeneville Honda more and more every time I talk about their sorry %#@$
P.S. my dealer doesnt have pickup or deliver no matter what..they said it didnt matter even if its a malfunction thats covered under warranty...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Talked to the insurance today. It's gonna run around $53/month for insurance. Is this about what you guys are paying? Keep in mind I do have an OWI on my record.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts