Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

ABS on the Honda CBR250R?

35K views 116 replies 35 participants last post by  Marcel 
#1 ·
So the CBR250R will be available with combined ABS as an option. Is this an influence in which model you buy? I've never locked the front tire before so I don't see why such a small motorcycle would need it. What do you guys think?

#114 · (Edited)
For the life of me i cant understand why anyone would not buy the ABS bike. In my mind it's a safety system that does not work until such time as its needed, the rest of the time it is not in use.
Most of my riding has been done on cruisers and within that part of the motorcycle community there is such strong resistance to ABS it baffles me.
With so many illegal/dangerous drivers in london, im happy to know i can give a hard application and not have the bike loose traction.

edit:
my cbf 600s had abs, and my 750 black spirit did not. i doubt i will ever own a non abs bike again.

#116 ·
Same here but the situation is reversed. My CBR has ABS, my FJR doesn't.

I look at ABS like frame sliders. I don't ever plan on using them, but I was sure glad I had them when I dumped my FJR on it's side in a low speed tip over.

Same thing for the ABS.

Mind you I did lock up the back and the FRONT when a guy oncoming in a two lane fell asleep. Don't know how I didn't go down but I didn't. Managed to scrub off enough speed before I hit the shoulder. I knew I locked the back up but when I stopped and looked at the skid mark I left I was *SHOCKED* to see two of them!

$500 is WAY cheap insurance over the life of the bike. Plus, I should be able to recoup it at re-sell time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.