Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Activheat

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  heptoman 
#1 ·
Good morning, everyone.

It's almost winter! I need to upgrade some of my gear because my commute is longer and my Alpinestars gauntlets no longer keep me warm the whole time.

Has anyone had any experience with these heated glove liners?

Battery Heated Glove Liners - Options

#6 ·
First of all you need to buy quality gear no matter what it is that you're buying. Battery-operated glove liners are going to be disappointing. You're also going to have to buy new gloves whether or not you get heated liners. I have a power let heated jacket liner and glove liners and I wear down into the low teens. Although they do provide a lot of warmth they are useless without appropriate gear being used in conjunction with them. If the gloves that you wear or more of a sport bike style where they are were tight on your hands you were not going to get these glove liners in those gloves. You're going to need to look at a winter or snowmobile style clothes and probably go up one size to accommodate the liners.

#9 ·
I've worn a pair of North Face liners with my gauntlets, I'm not worried about the fit.

I don't like the idea of hardwiring into the bike. I attempted that with my alarm and it just drained the battery, even without use.

It rarely gets in the twenties here (F), and when it does I'll drive the car. I just want something to augment the gauntlets for the 30s-40s.

#10 · (Edited)
I've worn a pair of North Face liners with my gauntlets, I'm not worried about the fit.

I don't like the idea of hardwiring into the bike. I attempted that with my alarm and it just drained the battery, even without use.

It rarely gets in the twenties here (F), and when it does I'll drive the car. I just want something to augment the gauntlets for the 30s-40s.
An alarm pulls power while the bike is off (using the battery). Heated gear uses power while the bike is on (using the alternator). Very different. The CBR has plenty of extra power to run a set of gloves. I use a heated jacket liner (which uses about 4x as much power as gloves) and it powers it just fine.

The site you linked to doesn't say how many watts the glove liners are, or how long they last on a charge. To generate heat takes a lot of power, I'm skeptical that a tiny battery pack will provide much heat. If you don't want to wire to the bike, I suggest spending your money on warmer (non-heated) gloves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.