Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a wild hair the other day, and in an attempt to be a little more visual while on the road, I pinstriped my HJC CL-14 Tribe helmet with reflective tape. Used 1 inch roll and cut it into 1/8th inch strips.

uploadfromtaptalk1335616618056.jpg

Finished with the flash so you get the idea of reflectiveness

uploadfromtaptalk1335616675331.jpg

And one without flash

uploadfromtaptalk1335616723549.jpg

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I like it. I have a matte black HJC FS-16 (or something like that, I forget) and I was thinking of striping it. Looks good.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks,

I just bought 2 rolls of 3m reflective tape from an auto parts store. Went for my first ride and no issues with peeling up or anything yet

·
Registered
534 Posts
Looks really nice and very reflective! I'm also looking for something to make me stand out more at night because I use mine for commuting and I work 3-11pm and take a lot of back roads so I need something to make me more visable. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I love that helmet design, spdklls, works well for highlighting (pun intended) the lines using reflective tape. I've got some left over tape from my doing my wheels, I'm thinking of seeing what i can do to the half naked vampire lady on my helmet :)

·
Registered
394 Posts
EDIT: hang on, wrong thread. This one is about helmets.

I think most people here bought sheets, not strips, and then cut appropriate curves for them. I have some left over from my rim tape so I'm going to experiment with cutting that into segments and plastering my helmet with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts