Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't take my motorcycle safety class until next month, so I decided I would do some color changes to make my bike IMO look more like a bike and less like a scooter. So first of I painted the under cowl white because I saw it somewhere online I think it adds to the bike. I painted the under cowl with some Rustoleum paint + primer that is meant for plastics. I sprayed it with 6-7 coats because I wanted it to look nice. On the wheels I used um..cough cough..plasti-dip. I did about 7 coats on each wheel, very light coats mind you. I ended up using two full cans of the um..cough cough..plasti-dip. I think what I have done really adds to the look of the Tri-color and I have always loved black rims so here they are.

Let me know what you think!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Looks pretty good.

I have a white fender on my tricolor and, if I ever get the gumption, painting the undercowl would probably make a nice line through the bike. I think I still have some Ross White in a rattlecan, too.

Dudeman has left me with an allergy to any plasti-dip that's not clear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I know a lot of people hate the plasti-dip. But I did it because it only cost me $12 and IMO looks pretty awesome.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya the exhaust is a little on the louder side, but it makes me feel like I am going faster than I really am so I am less likely to speed. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya, I do not expect everyone to like that exhaust. But it is way nicer than stock because it is 12 lbs. lighter than the stock one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No wonder you saved 12 pounds as the new exhaust looks like none there (lol)!

Did you remove the lower plastic completely to paint it or just mask it out ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts