Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

long time lurker - first time poser.
Does anyone know if there is a good option to add an additional wind deflector on a CBR250R?

I find on very windy days I want a little more protection.
I noticed this on a cbr500r (being sold as a crashed bike ) and wonder if my 250 had any options

thanks!
Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motorcycle

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
325 Posts
Hi all.

long time lurker - first time poser.
Does anyone know if there is a good option to add an additional wind deflector on a CBR250R?

I find on very windy days I want a little more protection.
I noticed this on a cbr500r (being sold as a crashed bike ) and wonder if my 250 had any options

thanks! View attachment 45134
Hi. Yes, the picture shows an excellent idea: Adapted generic high windscreen connection to an existing CBR250 windscreen.
But, the question is: Whether you are willing to compromise on the design?
From an engineering point of view it looks just fine, a great idea, and also reversible (leaves four holes that can be easily closed).
The problem is in the design. If I find one that will also be shaped to fit the flow lines of the CBR, maybe I have installed one like this myself.
Motorcycle Vehicle Helmet Fuel tank Sports equipment

P.S. Besides, in a very strong wind it is better not to ride the motorcycle at all

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
325 Posts
Man, that looks super cool.

just want something that work well - it’s been a very windy Summer thus far.
Yes, super cool BUT...
The double-bubble model windscreen helps for those who looking to hide from the wind at high speeds at sporty riding position.
As far as I understand most of these who chose this type of windscreen(double-bubble) chose it for three reasons:
1. The option to order it in a variety of cool colors.
2. The double bubble upgrades the sporty look (again design considerations).
3. And of course the cheap price ~20USD (LINK#1 to aliexpress)
Product Bag Sleeve Purple Cap

The CBR250R is also a motorcycle that allows upright riding position as a Cruiser and for cruiser purposes, and at cruiser the issue is not the speed, and windscreen is a matter of riding quality when riding at an upright position. For this matter only a high and wide windscreen will give you the desired return.
There is also a 505mm windscreen ~28USD (LINK#2 to aliexpress).
Art Headgear Triangle Helmet Audio equipment

The connection is D.I.Y as shown in the picture of the CBR500R, and you can shorten the original windscreen and paint it glossy black that matches the color of the fringe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts