Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if such a thing exists for our bikes yet? I have shortish fingers and am having difficulty with the downshift rev match while braking. I think an adjustable brake lever would take care of the problem, but I can't find one for the 250 yet. Anyone seen them somewhere?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I suspect the CBR125R levers are the same item, Im going to order some soon and make sure they are before I fit them

But looking at the 2 bikes side by side in the shop they look identical, inc our blanked off mirror holders where the 125 has mirrors fitted.

Another way to check would be to go into your dealer and ask the part number for the 250 and the 125 levers, if they are the same then its all good.

Might do that tomorrow when I go and pick up my bike from its 1000km service

·
Registered
319 Posts
More research last night.

So honda use a smart part number system

53178-kv0-000

51783 = the part its self so all honda clutch levers start with 51378

KV0 = The first bike Honda used the part on

000= Improved part or part cassification, and if there is 2 more digits its generally a colour option

For instance 08F74-KYJ-100

All honda seat cowls are 08F74

KYG is the product code for our 2011 CBR250R

100 is just some other info on revisions or other part manufacture info.

Well how does that help up

KV0 is the original vtr250 so our clutch lever fit that and a whole other bunch of honda bikes like CBR600 and a heap others

KPP is a harder one to find, and seems its either the CBR125 or CBR150

KPK i know is also a CBR125 so im not 100% sure on that one yet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
QUOTE:

KV0 is the original vtr250 so our clutch lever fit that and a whole other bunch of honda bikes like CBR600 and a heap others

I'm interested in getting the Yana Shiki Blades for my CBR250. I see you said that the levers from the CBR600 are the same. Is that the RR or just the base? Which year model bike for the CBR would fit do you think?

I see you've done quite a bit of research and just wanted to pick your brain a bit before I get them.

Thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
no need to order a part. stock clutch lever is adjustable. I had my dealer move mine in .5 CM, but now I need to move it back out cuz the cable has stretched. Considerations are winter glove clearance vs finger length.
Also, keep in mind when the engine heats up you need more clutch throw because of thermal expansion inside the transmission.

·
Registered
681 Posts
no need to order a part. stock clutch lever is adjustable. I had my dealer move mine in .5 CM
custom levers give you more options and generally look a little cooler too. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I simply cut a 3mm tap washer into a U shape and slid it in the gap.
A bit of tape holds it in place and the cover hides that.
Gives me a much smaller span . You also need to slacken the cable a little
at the adjuster on the bars.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I emailed ASV, these are their levers that fit:

C5 series for the CBR250R:
Brake BRC510
Clutch CRC510
Black, silver or gold. Standard or shorty.

F3 series:
Brake BRF310
Clutch CRF310
Black, red, blue, gold. Standard or shorty.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Nice.
As much as I like shorty levers, those regular length red/black levers look absolutely perfect.

On Edit: Oooh, I see those red/black levers are extendable. Very nice.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Curious to know if the colours are annodized, or are they solid billet construction? That is, if I get a scratch on one with colour, will it show silver aluminum? If so, how durable are the finishes?

Thanks!

6 Posts
These are anodized and yes, the bare aluminum color will show if you scratch them. Our laser logos also take off the anodize to show the bare aluminum color underneath.

These are billet levers made by cnc, never heard of having colored aluminum that the color goes all the way through...

·
Registered
329 Posts
I like these and I am considering to get them too.
Probably I will take the silver shorty, same colour of the stock ones and probably more durable if scratched...
How much do they wait?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like these and I am considering to get them too.
Probably I will take the silver shorty, same colour of the stock ones and probably more durable if scratched...
How much do they wait?
ordered mine late night wednesday, processed early morning thursday, received friday noon. so far the fastest web store i ever bought..

1 - 20 of 49 Posts