Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
The left/h bar switch has a free tuning ring next to the clutch leaver i am not sure if this should lock tight or be all ways free turn. It seems to collect dust and dirt, could this get into the switches.

regards
chasp UK

·
Registered
278 Posts
hi all
The left/h bar switch has a free tuning ring next to the clutch leaver i am not sure if this should lock tight or be all ways free turn. It seems to collect dust and dirt, could this get into the switches.

regards
chasp UK
That ring is supposed to be tightened down to secure the clutch adjustment at the lever. If it's loose, it needs to be tightened. The thing that it turns on is supposed to be held still from moving so that the clutch adjustment is maintained. If this is confusing, I'd take it to the dealer and let them adjust the clutch lever and secure the adjustment.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply but its the switch block with the high beam switch and indicator switch. this ring looks like a dust seal but not sure if it should rotate or be locked.

regards
chasp UK

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may have the answer this switch is used on other models and some have a choke lever for carbs, IE CBR600 this is a blanking ring as injection fuel does not need a choke.

chasp UK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts