Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
232 Posts
Does anyone have any idea if r15 oil filter is compitible with cbr250r.
According to what I checked on the internet, the answer is NO!
But if you have a picture with dimensions and you can upload it here, then I can look and see what it is.
In the attached LINK you will find an alternative filter that is suitable for CBR250R(2013).
Just please NOTE: The oil filter for the CBR250R must be assembled with the rubber gasket facing towards the engine (Otherwise the oil passage is blocked, and the engine can be completely destroyed)!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
When in doubt, to with OEM filters.
You see, we are probably representatives of two completely different approaches.
For example, if you have a freedom on the brake lever clamp, and you need to close the gap created by the wear, what do you do?
Buyer OEM Shims at 20USD
Or take a can of Coca-Cola and cut from it the shims you need at a cost of 0 USD
[From the book: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance]

HIFLOFILTRO oil filter(Link) does not fall in his quality from the OEM original filter, only significantly cheaper.

There is no right or wrong here, but two different approaches.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Guys what few owners have been using is Yamaha FZ (~150cc) cost ~150rs (~2$) oil filter and Shell Rimula CI4+ engine Oil in India, it is an trial and tested part. Go for it, I'm also using it too.
YES BUT...Oh NO!!!!
Thanks, Now I know why people get confused, because in Yamaha FZ the assembly of the oil filter is in a direction that is inverted 180 degrees compared to CBR250R.
To the best of my knowledge, this is not the same spring either(LINK) !?
Do not forget to assemble the spring!

ON CBR250R - NOT LIKE THAT VIDEO!!!(n):eek::eek:(n)

ON CBR250R - LIKE THAT VIDEO!!!(y):cool:(y)

·
Registered
284 Posts
You see, we are probably representatives of two completely different approaches.
For example, if you have a freedom on the brake lever clamp, and you need to close the gap created by the wear, what do you do?
Buyer OEM Shims at 20USD
Or take a can of Coca-Cola and cut from it the shims you need at a cost of 0 USD
[From the book: Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance]

HIFLOFILTRO oil filter(Link) does not fall in his quality from the OEM original filter, only significantly cheaper.

There is no right or wrong here, but two different approaches.
I'm talking about OP's R15 filter. If he's in doubt about it, use OEM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts