Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Registered
I did my pre-winter storage oil change last month and put the CBR up on track stands until spring as I always do. For the first time in 10 years I used a K&N filter instead of a Honda OEM one because I got a hefty discount on it. I realize you guys are "in the weeds" here describing race applications and screw-on filters, but you're making me paranoid with all these failure pics. :oops:
I used a K&N filter designed for the CBR and I know there's little chance it will perform any worse than an OEM filter in normal riding, but intentionally using a filter designed for a different bike just because it fits just to save pocket change seems like an unacceptable risk to me. :rolleyes:

Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
but you're making me paranoid with all these failure pics. :oops:
It is not me, it is he, not in the plural, in the singular.
YES a Really scary images馃槀馃ぃ:eek:, this is what's on the net, these are the images that Google is currently finding, it's not personal.
A N&K is a proper oil filter, some people are unwilling to hear from parts that are not original (OEM), but today you can find replacements part that are better than the original.
Two different approaches, there is no right or wrong here.

an unacceptable risk to me.
Two different approaches, there is no right or wrong here.

The oil filter for the CBR250R(Link to K&N) is a different story, the filter in the CBR250R comes without the metal box, the whole "argument" is for the filter with the cylindrical tin box, and does not apply to our model.
Product Automotive tire Font Line Material property

I am currently using a HiFlo filter (
Link to WEMOTO):
Rectangle Font Window Automotive exterior Parallel

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Guys what few owners have been using is Yamaha FZ (~150cc) cost ~150rs (~2$) oil filter and Shell Rimula CI4+ engine Oil in India, it is an trial and tested part. Go for it, I'm also using it too.
Wht about tge gasket..

21 - 24 of 24 Posts