Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
i really like that touring one,but it doesnt seem available.

the OEM black one looks nice to but for 35+ around 30$ shipping and plus waiting for it to show up. id rather try aufits idea of painting my original one.

i dont understand that mirror'd rainbow color ...i see it on exhaust/rims etc..looks like the stuff in the water you see in streaming down the street curb of the sidewalk...

·
Registered
114 Posts
i really like that touring one,but it doesnt seem available.

the OEM black one looks nice to but for 35+ around 30$ shipping and plus waiting for it to show up. id rather try aufits idea of painting my original one.

i dont understand that mirror'd rainbow color ...i see it on exhaust/rims etc..looks like the stuff in the water you see in streaming down the street curb of the sidewalk...
I was told that either tinting or spray tinitng was not much good due the flexing of the screen whilst riding. It can crack, bubble or peel.

I would be interested to see how it goes.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I was told that either tinting or spray tinitng was not much good due the flexing of the screen whilst riding. It can crack, bubble or peel.

I would be interested to see how it goes.
thats also what a tint shop told me,but ive heard nothing about paint so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a cbr 150r bike and its a pain in the @$$ to remove the OEM windscreen ... so i had it removed in a nearby honda shop near my place

i got this unit with hairline scratches on the windscreen so i ordered an oem windscreen and had it replaced. I thought it will be easy but we had to remove most of the fairings

id like to share my pictures of the install (i hope this is not off topic as this thread is for the 250r :D)

this is the oem windscreen i ordered

side fairings removed (beside my bike is the previous model black 150r)

headlight assembly being disassembled

installing the oem windscreen

backview of the headlight assembly,
need to remove the gauge panel in order to remove the screw on the windscreen

new oem windscreen installed

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Thanks for that.

I really like the look of those 150s as I live in Bangkok. They've much nicer design and pipe than the 250. I actually tried to buy the red 150 with cash in 2 dealers when they were released but they were all bought up, then the 250 came out and I was offered it for 110k thb drive it away 10 mins later. So did.

Anyway, if you're in Bangkok there's a good Honda dealer with an American manager called Honda Sumet right on Pongpet junction off Viphawadee-Rangsit road. It's good to be able to converse exactly what you want done (if you're not 100% Thai fluent). Lemme know if you want directions or info.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If/when Zero gravity comes out with one, I highly recommend theirs. Usually they come similar to stock, shorter then stock and a touring screen which is a little longer and usually has a little larger hump, its the one I prefer and does well with the wind buffeting on my helmet.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I just got back from one of the local dealers and he has informed me that Puig has not sent any of these windscreens to the US yet but will be doing so at the beginning of November. He was able to tell me that the retail price for the windscreen will be $93 + plus tax. I cannot wait until I'm able to get my hands on one of these!

He got this information by calling WPS (one of the 3 Puig distributors in the US). You can find out if your local dealers do business with WPS by using the following link: Western Power Sports - Dealer Locator

·
Registered
172 Posts
However, the extended touring windscreen slips on under the mirrors.

Bike shown is the 150cc.

Reviews are good, and I have one back ordered. Cheap too at 1,400thb.
I really like that one, since I am too tall to get behind the stock screen amd too old to bend over that far anyway. Bet I could break 90 MPG with that one.

regards
Badger

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
It is an official Honda product available at Honda dealers here (Thailand).

It is listed as an accessory for the 150 though, but as that has the same size on all those parts it fits the 250 just as well.

The 150 is being released in Canada as a 125cc, perhaps they might have it as an accessory for that, but I've really no idea.

I'm still waiting for mine btw, as with many of the Honda parts in Thailand, there's a long delay in sourcing them.

·
Registered
108 Posts
It is an official Honda product available at Honda dealers here (Thailand).

It is listed as an accessory for the 150 though, but as that has the same size on all those parts it fits the 250 just as well.

The 150 is being released in Canada as a 125cc, perhaps they might have it as an accessory for that, but I've really no idea.

I'm still waiting for mine btw, as with many of the Honda parts in Thailand, there's a long delay in sourcing them.
ordered mine to, via Faddy... paid 2500 to him incl shipping to PJ, Malaysia. estimated to arrive in 2 - 3 weeks. Honda thail hv lotsa order for this extended w/screen

·
Registered
3 Posts
i posted in an other thread but Zero gravity are releasing a screen soon, i got an email from them asking when is it coming and this is what i got,

Hello,
Thanks for contacting us about the new CBR250R. We are currently developing screens for that bike and will be finished in a few weeks if everything goes as planned. I will make sure you are on a list of people we contact when we have products available for your bike.

Thanks again for contacting us.
Glenn Cook Zero Gravity Corporation 912 Pancho Rd Camarillo, CA 93012 805-388-8803 phone 805-388-8285 fax

On 9/17/2011 6:46 AM, Goran wrote:
I have a current model cbr250r and would like to know if there is a double bubble screen in the works for them

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Faddy bike is only a short ride away so I should check them out for that Honda screen, thanks.

Read that the Puig is on ebay for around 2,900thb before posting too. But I like the look of that Honda one.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Faddy bike is only a short ride away so I should check them out for that Honda screen, thanks.

Read that the Puig is on ebay for around 2,900thb before posting too. But I like the look of that Honda one.

looks nice, but i ordered the honda extended as it's easier that this puig and the tinted honda.. to crack up the fairings and the head vs a clip on....

·
Registered
386 Posts

looks nice, but i ordered the honda extended as it's easier that this puig and the tinted honda.. to crack up the fairings and the head vs a clip on....
Oh... If that's the case, mind taking pics of the install process when you get it?

21 - 40 of 158 Posts