Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering if anyone had changed the brake pads on their bike to another aftermarket brand which they feel gives better stopping power at high speeds and added safety than the original brake pads that came with the bike? Safety being the main concern and the ability to stop more quickly when necessary.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have EBC HH Sintered pads. Stocks are like FF pads.

If you search for BBC Sintered pads, the thread I made about them 4 months ago should come up and will have all the part number information in it.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I've heard lots of great reviews about Vesrah RJL pads for the street. Don't know if they have them for the CBR yet though.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I used Galfer "green" pads on a couple of bikes.
They didn't last as long (who cares), but the improvement in braking was noticeable.

·
Registered
319 Posts
The CBR uses the same pads from like an older cbr600 or something like that, check my thread , there are heaps available for our bike!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Macca. I did a search for the thread and couldn't seem to find it sadly. Can you please post a link to it? Cheers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Macca. Read your post. I was looking for increases in safety and stopping power. From what you posted you only mention they are noiser now. Unless there seems to be increased performance not sure I would bother. Especially because noisier brakes is not something I want.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yes there is a slight improvement in performance, The cost is fair low IMO ( i just put $340 pads on the front of my car)

The noise is not from squealing but you can hear the brakes over the holes in the rotor and a more metallic noise from them

·
Registered
175 Posts
Did the stock pads have 3 vertical slots in the friction material? If they did, replicate those slots in the new pads using a hacksaw. That will eliminate the noise from the holes in the disc.

·
Registered
319 Posts

Stock ones are blue, I dont care about the noise really.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts