Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any aftermarket fuel tanks yet? I would love to get 350 - 450 or so miles out of a tank! Just so I don't have to stop as much!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm also not going to put something butt ass ugly on it if thats what you were thinking!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Buy a bike with a bigger tank.

Can you really do 600km in one sitting?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buy a bike with a bigger tank.

Can you really do 600km in one sitting?
But I love the 70+ MPG lol.
And I don't own the bike "yet"! Also a reason I am asking this.. It gets around 270 miles per tank or near that right?

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
But I love the 70+ MPG lol.
And I don't own the bike "yet"! Also a reason I am asking this.. It gets around 270 miles per tank or near that right?
I get around 270km per tank, others get higher.
270km on the open highway is enough to get off have a smoke, stretch the legs and grab a drink, even here where fuel stops are 50-100km apart.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
And I don't own the bike "yet"! QUOTE]

Ah, wont be surprised if your first thread is 'Hard seat' haha

Its not an issue after a few weeks in the saddle, but very firm till the arse is conditioned.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And I don't own the bike "yet"! QUOTE]

Ah, wont be surprised if your first thread is 'Hard seat' haha

Its not an issue after a few weeks in the saddle, but very firm till the arse is conditioned.
Well I ride dirtbikes I have a CRF250R and a CRF450R love them both but the seat is a rock when I use it.. sometimes I wish they had softer seats from when I land off of a 60 foot jump to flat ground.:( I have a black 2000 Trans am WS6 with a 360 (5.9 liter) engine and a stroker kit in it! Love it dearly and it's fast! But man... 7 - 12 mpg is NOT fun for a daily driver... That is why I want this bike!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
200 mile per tank would be the most you would want to count on and that is pushing it.
So 200 is pushing it? Okay thanks! You guys have helped me alot on this forum so far! anytime I have a question I just go back into past posts and it has already been answered!

·
Registered
354 Posts
For daily driving, I just keep a 5 gal gas can treated with star tron at home to fuel the cbr. Once in a while I refill the 5 gal.

·
Registered
501 Posts
This is OT, but Zimbo, since I see you are active on this thread, I've sent you a PM regarding your posts in the "Waiting to get my bike..." thread. Urgent. Now back to your regularly scheduled program... :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts