Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am aching to replace the clutch and brake levers. However, I can't find any that say they fit the bike. I don't know anything about what would qualify a lever as compatible, so if any of you fine people know what I should be looking for, or can show me some levers, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ugh, well don't I look dumb! Two threads down there is some info. However, if someone could still answer: What makes a lever compatible? I had asked my local honda dealer (where I bought the bike) if they could order me some levers, but they answered that they didn't know of any levers compatible with the CBR250R....

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'd kind of like to know too -- there are a few threads here, some indicating that the 600's levers work, but nothing really on which years and which sub-models (eg. f4i, rr, rra, etc).

Royal Distributing (local store for me) is having a no-tax sale here until end of month, so if I knew which 600 levers would work I'd probably take a look at what they have for sale.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm new to bikes so I was wondering what's the benefit of aftermarket levers? Is it just cosmetic or do they actually improve anything? Sorry if this is a retarded question.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm new to bikes so I was wondering what's the benefit of aftermarket levers? Is it just cosmetic or do they actually improve anything? Sorry if this is a retarded question.
I'm new as well, but just aesthetically the ball welded onto the end of the stock levers looks sorta funny. Plus I want black levers. And with that I wait with you to hear a performance-based answer

·
Registered
282 Posts
just an FYI. I have the black shorties with the red adjusters (adjustabler levers.com), and after 7-8 months the red is now pink, stick with the plain alloy adjuster is my tip.
Other than the adjuster color fade, they are great levers.
The only real difference for me (other than cosmetic) was bringing the friction point of the clutch closer to the grip was less stress on my hand while slipping at slow speed (peak hour traffic etc.)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
@ PAJKRUBI....for me buying adjustable levers was to bring the brake and clutch lever closer in to make it easier and faster to brake and pull in the clutch..I went with the long levers because I am a 3-4 finger puller and the stock levers are already the long type anyway

·
Registered
534 Posts
Ok, thanks for the answer guys. It does make sense about bringing them in closer.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Does anyone know the difference in quality between Bikerz or Adjustable-Levers? I'm probably going to buy some soon (also want to move the brake and clutch a touch closer) so I am on the fence between the two.

I also emailed Pazzo to see if they had anything that works for the CBR250R, however I still haven't heard back from them yet (was 3-4 days ago).

·
Registered
532 Posts
I've actually already ordered ASV levers from motomummy (waiting on them to ship), however I just got an email back from Pazzo in case anyone is interested in going with theirs. Here was their reply:

After doing some fitment testing over the past few weeks
we have confirmed that the CBR600RR levers will not work,
regardless of the model year.

We have confirmed the clutch lever as our part# H-626. (a Honda adapter)

The Brake lever is the same as on the Kawasaki 250R Ninja (08-12)
Part# F-25.

We have just not yet put them up on the website as a pair.

So the part# for the pair on a CBR2500R is as follows.
F-25/H-626

Regards

·
Registered
532 Posts
Conundrum, we will really appreciate your pictures once you receive and install the asv's ;)

Cheers
Will do -- Ordered the black long levers with silver adjusters. I wanted red adjusters, but have read too many stories of it fading pink no matter who makes them.

I have also been reading that some people have had issues with motomummy in the past...fingers crossed I don't have to wait too long for my levers to come in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts