Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Aftermarket Mirrors

11K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Wynne G Oldman 
#1 ·
I just got the 2011 CBR 250 Black, i love the bike but the mirrors look like bug antenas.

I have been looking online to replace them, but im having a hard time picking out a good set, has anyone changed their mirrors? Any advice would be appreciated.

I am looking for something on the less expensive side, $50-60 max.

Post some pics if you can

#4 · (Edited)
TL;DR What's the stem length on those?

A bit worried about that stem length ... it appears longer than the usual crap you find on ebay, but I'm not convinced they're long enough. I'll have to get around to posting pictures of what I've done to my bike, I broke the stem thread on the left mirror in a highside accident, so I ended up getting a set of indicator mirrors off ebay - they have extremely short stems so I've bolted them to the upper mount hole (blue O) with the lower edge of the mirror bracket (blue U) - just the one bolt. (The red U/O are not connected to anything, I am using the lower mount hole for the indicator wire). They do shake around a bit and if I do use the front shocks they will get knocked around (easy enough to just push them back), but I am keen on finding a set of indicator mirrors that have long stems like the stock ones.

TERRIBLE VISUAL AID:

___________(>>) <- this is the mirror
____U__U
__O_O___

#6 ·
#10 ·
As cool as those mirrors look, I'm still not sure about the stem length. Also it appears as though some of those are handlebar mirrors as they appear to only have 1 screw hole. That or they are supposed to fix to the stock bracket (which won't work for me, as my former left one is kinda mashed to the stem).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.