Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanna swap my radiator hoses for blue ones for the aesthetic, I found SAMCO makes a kit for 62eur (around 100eur with gasket kit).

I have also found there's a chinese knockoff (there's always a chinese knockoff) for 30 euros without the gaskets.

Anyone have any feedback on these?

· Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
1,010 Posts
If it is possible to buy the Chinese on AliExpress (LINK)? 25USD Free shipping:
Product Font Material property Screenshot Multimedia

Because sometimes it's even cheaper to buy it there. And there you can also read recommendations of those who bought before you. I like the Chinese method to lower costs for the customer: For less money you get less quality. I like to buy cheap and not pay for qualities I don't need. The Chinese tubes may not be made of pure silicone, maybe not be made of silicone at all, but they will be blue. A regular tube, made of heat and pressure resistant rubber, lasts very well. I would gladly buy the cheap pipes, but I would also check the price of original Honda pipes, because I don't care about the color, these pipes are hidden under the fenders.

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i assume it's less quality, seems to be silicone and nylon according to them. My original hoses work fine, I really just want to swap for aesthetics. They are mostly hidden but I still think it's a cool look

· Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
1,010 Posts
Reactions: TobyBryant

· Registered
101 Posts
So I wanna swap my radiator hoses for blue ones for the aesthetic, I found SAMCO makes a kit for 62eur (around 100eur with gasket kit).

I have also found there's a chinese knockoff (there's always a chinese knockoff) for 30 euros without the gaskets.

Anyone have any feedback on these?
Have you ever heard of "Expandable Braided Wire Cable Sleeving/Sheathing"? They come in lots of colors and sizes. You can cover your wiring harnesses, hoses, cables, etc. You could probably do your entire cooling system for less than $10. I cover my hot computer wires with no problem and my scuba hoses which I use in saltwater. They're easy to clean and can take a beating. You can use it for many things. The best thing is they stretch around and conform to different shapes.

Rectangle Material property Creative arts Pattern Electric blue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts