Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was reading around about finding a Rain-X substitute for plastic (ie. Face shield, screens, ect). Found many forums with many possible solutions. So gave one of them a try.... simple household lemon Pledge. I tried it on my passenger helmet 1st to see how it worked and BAM... crystal clear shield that repels water. So far I have used it on my clear and dark scorpion face shields, the screen on the bike, and even my sun glasses. Works wonders and from further reading is totally safe for plastic... in fact it's said to even fill in small scuffs and scratches. All my plastic looks like brand new again. Have been doing this for about a week and it does not seem to cause any light refraction at night or any fogging.:)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
plus it makes your face smell lemony fresh:cool: lol

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also a heads up on how i apply it. just like car wax. clean the shield with warm water and a wash cloth... dry... wax on wax off.... just like Miagi! lol.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doh! I just paid $20 for a can of Plexus. Novus #1 is good also.
I had heard of plexus but never novus. Pledge is nice cause it so easy to come by, a little goes a long way and it's cheap. Not sure how often you have to apply it yet, still experimenting with that. I live around a lot of farms so I am constantly cleaning bugs off my bike and helmet. Pledge does seem to make them come off easier... but I still have not determined how often it needs to be "refreshed".

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
No Plexus

Ok. So I tried the Plexus cleaner. I wouldn't use it on windscreens. It is too thick. The lemon funiture polish cleaned the Plexus off well but still looked a bit hazey. I borrowed my brother's Novus #1 and there is no comparison. It is by far the clearest looking result The windshield looks clean, shiney and ultra clear. Same for my visor. I will never touch them with anything else again. Same goes for the Photex wipes. I made the mistake of using some seemingly high end disposable towels we have at work and ended up wiping some fine scratches into my windscreen before I new what was happening. Luckily my visor was more resistant. I recommend the Novus and Photex.
Amazon.com: NOVUS 7056 Plastic Polish Kit - 8 oz.: Automotive

Scanner Wipes

·
Registered
210 Posts
Great tip. I've used various expensive visor treatments, they all work as advertised, for ONE RAIN shower. A cheaper product like LP is great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts