Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my :D:DAir horn:D:D in yesterday.

Was trying to find a place for it around the same area where the oem one is but i cant seem to find the last bolt holding the front fairing on. I found 2 (See attachment) circled in yellow but it feels like there is another one by the front blinker. has anyone taken this one off? If so could you let me know where the last one is.

I was going to try taking the blinker off and see if it was there.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
3rd Fixing

Hi, There is a third fixing by the 'blinker'. I took my fairing off a few weeks ago. I'm sure the 3rd fix was vertical and pointing upwards just inside of the fairing. Have a good look there, it's fairly obvious.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, There is a third fixing by the 'blinker'. I took my fairing off a few weeks ago. I'm sure the 3rd fix was vertical and pointing upwards just inside of the fairing. Have a good look there, it's fairly obvious.
I saw one vertical one but i thought it was for the dash so i didn't try to take it off.

·
Registered
68 Posts
which airhorn did u bought in??
I just ordered an Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone 12-Volt Motorcycle Air Horn, 139 dB.

Ordered this alongwith the wiring,relay etc

scheduled to arrive my place within an week's time.

Any bright ideas regarding the installation location is most welcome.

Also any tips on wiring.

please advise.....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which airhorn did u bought in??
I just ordered an Stebel Nautilus Compact Dual-Tone 12-Volt Motorcycle Air Horn, 139 dB.

Ordered this alongwith the wiring,relay etc

scheduled to arrive my place within an week's time.

Any bright ideas regarding the installation location is most welcome.

Also any tips on wiring.

please advise.....
I bought THIS ONE, & I got the relay with it,and the Wiring kit

I just got mine yesterday and was looking for a place to mount it. i started looking last night but then i ran into the problem with not being able to get that fairing off. im going to try and put it on sunday along with my Yoshi Slip on Pipe i am supposed to get today.

I was going to try and mount it to the same as the oem but it doesnt look like it connects the same way.

the wiring instructions are pretty clear i ordered some posi-tap/lock wiring connectors they are supposed to b in today too in case i need to tap into or splice some wires.

i'll try and take pictures when i hook it up and let ya know.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks ,you also ordered the Stabel...

Will eagerly wait for installation pictures and the best location you selected,cos i would also be getting the same horn within a week's time.

Thanks in advance and best of luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Luke,
i ordered this online from Berup.com

this is also available on twistedthrottle.com,but they don't have the wiring kit along-with the horn.

The latest on Stabel is that the Italian factory is shutdown and this horns would shortly become an collector's archive,so grab one quick.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I finally got my :D:DAir horn:D:D in yesterday.

Was trying to find a place for it around the same area where the oem one is but i cant seem to find the last bolt holding the front fairing on. I found 2 (See attachment) circled in yellow but it feels like there is another one by the front blinker. has anyone taken this one off? If so could you let me know where the last one is.

I was going to try taking the blinker off and see if it was there.

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Here's a link that will help get that faring off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts