Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Video on How i Installed My Horn

I just zip tied it to the frame right below where the oem one was. it was a little tricky getting the fairing back on; Mainly the bolt on the very bottom of the fairing.

one problem i had was connecting to the factory wiring for the horn button. the connectors that came with the kit i find didnt work that well. so i used the posi-connector that i ordered. those things work great highly recommend them.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Full or slipon? its far too loud but I guess you can fit the baffle?

Thanks for the vid.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Love the horn. Much better than the crappy stock one.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Good to see some half decent wiring with a relay and a fuse right close to the battery!

I use the same horn on my car but in all black, But I was able to wire it direct on the car as the circuit could take the larger current draw and was relay controlled from factory :D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Thanks for the video of Horn Installation.
After checking out the video,found that the horn rattles around in working condition.
Did you zip it loose!! this may be a concern when the bike is going into pot holes.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the video of Horn Installation.
After checking out the video,found that the horn rattles around in working condition.
Did you zip it loose!! this may be a concern when the bike is going into pot holes.
I notice that when i was shooting the video and i tightened them up & add'd 2 more zips before i put the fairing back.

thanks for looking out

·
Registered
68 Posts
Guys,
Managed to install the Stebel Air-horn successfully.
Altogether finding an proper place on the bike was a difficult job.
Managed to remove the Front Fairing.
Installed the horn besides the Cylinder Block and clamped it up with some steel Tie Backs.
Will upload the Pictures of the Horn tomorrow.

The horn really rocks and drives the **** out of the roadies.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Do you like the slip on? Is it to loud? In the video you didnt rev it up. Got one on order but many say there just to loud

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you like the slip on? Is it to loud? In the video you didnt rev it up. Got one on order but many say there just to loud
Yea i like the slip on.
It comes with a silencer but i didnt put mine in. i like being loud and obnoxious. lol
it is probably too loud if you live in a "quiet" neighborhood where you'll be riding around alot. i live in the country. and i mostly ride it on the highway. The road i live on has 3 people living down it. some young kids always riding their dirt bikes up and down the street, making my dogs go nuts...the other neighbor is always playing that "look at me and my 300 dollar car and 20000$ worth of stereo equipment music" so i kinda fit in with my loud bike now. lol

Ill try and make another one when i did the video it was raining and i was in an enclosed shed so i didnt want to run it very long.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yea i like the slip on.
It comes with a silencer but i didnt put mine in. i like being loud and obnoxious. lol
it is probably too loud if you live in a "quiet" neighborhood where you'll be riding around alot. i live in the country. and i mostly ride it on the highway. The road i live on has 3 people living down it. some young kids always riding their dirt bikes up and down the street, making my dogs go nuts...the other neighbor is always playing that "look at me and my 300 dollar car and 20000$ worth of stereo equipment music" so i kinda fit in with my loud bike now. lol

Ill try and make another one when i did the video it was raining and i was in an enclosed shed so i didnt want to run it very long.
Hi I am also planning to install YOshimura slip-on on my CBR.
Wanted to ask how much difference is there in the performance of the bike

·
Registered
66 Posts
apparently it performs better with the silencer in the bike than out.
how've you found it with the silencer out?
any difference in fuel economy?

also the bike sounds like a pickup truck now lol.
reminds me of the horn in a hummer H3

1 - 15 of 15 Posts