Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of putting a 139db Stebel Nautilus Compact air horn on my red/silver cbr250r.

Has anyone done this yet?
if so could you post some pictures on where and how you mounted it. i havent ordered one yet and i wanted to see if it would fit where the stock horn mounts or if i would have to do alot of work to mount it before i order it.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
71 Posts
PIAA makes a slim horn that will most likely fit on this bike where the current horn is. I know someone who bought one for their bike. Not sure about pricing but I have seen the horn and it is small and loud. Might be an option you guys are interested in. I will be ordering one soon. Will post pictures when installed.

·
745 Posts
Aerostich sells the Nautilius:

link is: Ear Cannon Air Horn :: Aerostich/RiderWearHouse Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

This was recommended by several as a very loud horn. Note that you don't want to direct-wire, as it takes considerably more juice than the stock horn - would probably blow the fuse or (if you up the fuse) damage the wiring or the switch. They sell a relay kit that is supposedly plug-n-play

Only concern to me is size 4.5" x 3" x 4.5". I need to mock up a box to see if I can get it under the fairing somewhere near the front.

( yes, I know cheaper in other places, this page had the horn and harness together)

·
Registered
319 Posts
Its big and heavy, I was going to get one haha

I have one on my car however

1 - 6 of 6 Posts