Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
@ [email protected]

Is there any sort of "special" procedure to go through when a DIY tuner wants to collect data for new adjustments? Or pretty much just go for a 40 mins ride, and take a high gear on a slow roll all the way up to redline?

Is there any need to do similar procedures such as in HoPMiX's vid where they were holding the throttle at 20% (for example) and allowing all the AFM to register for each RPM cell?

·
Registered
27 Posts
@ [email protected]

Is there any sort of "special" procedure to go through when a DIY tuner wants to collect data for new adjustments? Or pretty much just go for a 40 mins ride, and take a high gear on a slow roll all the way up to redline?

Is there any need to do similar procedures such as in HoPMiX's vid where they were holding the throttle at 20% (for example) and allowing all the AFM to register for each RPM cell?
It processes each RPM/throttle combo quickly. So really you just need to ride long enough to hit each combination cell with the engine warmed up. So you're on the right track, but I would make sure to hit the lower gears also, so you get the High RPM / low throttle position marks also.

I need a screenshot of the software but I don't have one here at home. You can always download our software at Bazzaz.net and play around in the 'Work Offline' mode to see what everything looks like.

Just remember that you don't have to map for every single cell; there are many that are just unrealistic. So if you don't hit 100% throttle at 4500 RPM when mapping, for example, and you then hit that cell on your next run, it will use (1.) the info from the base map we put in there or (2.) the stock ECU setting.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts