Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Slight differences between the two.
SS is a little longer and has springs.

Carbon is a little shorter but doesn't appear to have springs, just a clamp.

This would be a tough decision if I had the means to buy a pipe right now.
I like the looks of the SS over carbon (on a red bike) but I like the overall design of the carbon fiber pipe.

**** I'm finicky! :D

Then there's the Leovince which might be the quietest of them all.
I'm actually thankful that I'm broke until spring. By then I'll know for sure if I want to give my whisper quietness and all of these pipes will have been thoroughly tested and recorded :)

I am seriously lusting over the torque curve of the carbon fiber one.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
The Akrapovic carbon from Biohazard has it all, good dyno graph, looks, DB insert, nice tuned sound, the lenght is spot on, & price is right.
Akrapovics are usually very expensive but top quality.

And Carbon always sounds so much better than the tin can sound that s/s always has.

Yoshi carbon would be my next choice but from reports here its too loud even with the insert installed.

Shipping to Australia may be a killer but they can expect my order soon.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm surprized the exhaust could make that much difference in torque being new to motorcycle mods. (I mean me being new to them). Especially on such a small engine. I am surprized other brands didn't achieve as much progress in the performance aspect of the exhaust. It looks like the graphs and data are only with the silencer out. I wonder what the gains are with the silencer in.

·
Registered
256 Posts
That is exactly what I was thinking. Probably very insignificant gains like the other exhausts. Still kudos for the improvements without the silencer.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Ordered mine today. Once i get it Ill do a try and do a detailed vid with a proper mic and SPL meter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
^
Please post a video after installed? I'd love to hear more videos of the carbon slip on. This and the Arrow exhaust sound the best in my opinion.. Not many videos on either though.

·
Registered
385 Posts
What I'd really like are some performance reviews - particularly with the silencer. I don't mean the sound; I mean can you actually feel the extra torque.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Im waiting on a fuel box so I can tune the bike with the pipe. Nothing available until november so going to be a minute but once I do get one Ill post the dyno up and a vid. IM still thinking of putting it on and flashing ecm but my tech says im gonna lose up top until I tune and I do a lot of freeway jumps. so maybe not. Regardless as soon as I have the bike rocking ill post it.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Aussies~

Ive just ordered and got ripped by the crash from $1.05 on Monday to $0.93 US today.

All because I was waiting for paypal to send a code to link my acc. (first online purchase lol.

Was $508 now $607 AUD :(

Oh well I really want it and would probably cost way more from a shop here.

Go Jooliar Gillard lol... you'll have us off the best living standards in the world in no time.

But I'll put pics up when its installed and the Honda dealer said to bolt it on b4 the first service and meanwhile he'll contact Honda service to see what exactly needs to be done re ECU reset or not.

Conflicting stories on here about it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
@BIOHAZZARDCYCLES
1. Is there any pricing for the optional header pipe when it becomes available?

2. Also, is it possible to purchase the SS slip on, and then add the header pipe when it does become available?

3. Finally, will the entire system (muffler + header pipe) work with stock fuel maps, or will it require additional fuel management system (i.e. Power Commander, Juicebox, etc.)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
@BIOHAZZARDCYCLES
1. Is there any pricing for the optional header pipe when it becomes available?

2. Also, is it possible to purchase the SS slip on, and then add the header pipe when it does become available?

3. Finally, will the entire system (muffler + header pipe) work with stock fuel maps, or will it require additional fuel management system (i.e. Power Commander, Juicebox, etc.)?

Thanks!

none yet.. distributor still does not list it so i dont know when / if they will have them
yes you can add header later .. you could also use arrow header.
it will work with stock map but would run better with some fuel mapping..

·
Registered
455 Posts
If your thinking about this exhaust, GET IT. It sounds great. Great look to. Carbon Fiber open ..... It may be as loud as the others I havent heard any to compare it to. Its not that loud to me. Def not what some people are describing as "lawnmowerish". Deep and harmonic. Thanks TOM!!!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
If your thinking about this exhaust, GET IT. It sounds great. Great look to. Carbon Fiber open ..... It may be as loud as the others I havent heard any to compare it to. Its not that loud to me. Def not what some people are describing as "lawnmowerish". Deep and harmonic. Thanks TOM!!!
I could tell the sweet tuned sound in the vids.

Cool hoPMiX.. Is the DB insert in?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Aussies~

Ive just ordered and got ripped by the crash from $1.05 on Monday to $0.93 US today.

All because I was waiting for paypal to send a code to link my acc. (first online purchase lol.

Was $508 now $607 AUD :(

Oh well I really want it and would probably cost way more from a shop here.

Go Jooliar Gillard lol... you'll have us off the best living standards in the world in no time.

But I'll put pics up when its installed and the Honda dealer said to bolt it on b4 the first service and meanwhile he'll contact Honda service to see what exactly needs to be done re ECU reset or not.

Conflicting stories on here about it.
Some of us Yanks who've been investing in Aussie bonds and resource stocks for the higher yields and (until now) what seemed like sounder fiscal and monetary practices......feel your pain.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Welcome glad you like it!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
I could tell the sweet tuned sound in the vids.

Cool hoPMiX.. Is the DB insert in?
It was when I originally posted it. Its not now. I have to take back what I said. Its loud as ****. Ear ringing loud. Super mean. I love it. With the DB insert its certainly tolerable and great sounding. Not a lot of difference in performance between stock and akra with the db killer. I rode with a group of ninjas this weekend and the first time I started my bike they were like holy sheet. Even the harley guys turn and look.
Im still trying to find the time to do a proper vid with drive by's ect. Its raining here and doing in my garage is pointless. So few more days ill have something for ya.

21 - 40 of 113 Posts