Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Thankyou very much for your service.. I'll be getting other items as you release them for sure.

It really is a quality product.. no other exhaust comes close to the Akrapovic.
Ticks all the boxes;
Quality
Looks
Sound
Performance
weight
They should be twice the price haha... in fact they are everywhere else.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Ok Aufitt..Let's have it. You gotta tell us everything you can. Loudness db killer in/out, engine response etc. I'm a little hesitant to get an aftermarket exhaust with so many people complaining of loudness but this is #1 on my list of exhaust right now. I trust your opinion so, please share. And the pic is very nice but in America we would frown upon super- glueing a bird to the ground just for a photo opportunity. Too bad it isn't a Raven. That would have been really cool, if not a little too ominous.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thankyou very much for your service.. I'll be getting other items as you release them for sure.

It really is a quality product.. no other exhaust comes close to the Akrapovic.
Ticks all the boxes;
Quality
Looks
Sound
Performance
weight
They should be twice the price haha... in fact they are everywhere else.
sent you an invoice for an extra $50 .. thanks for paying extra :D

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Ok Aufitt..Let's have it. You gotta tell us everything you can. Loudness db killer in/out, engine response etc. I'm a little hesitant to get an aftermarket exhaust with so many people complaining of loudness but this is #1 on my list of exhaust right now. I trust your opinion so, please share. And the pic is very nice but in America we would frown upon super- glueing a bird to the ground just for a photo opportunity. Too bad it isn't a Raven. That would have been really cool, if not a little too ominous.
OK CBR.. heres my take on todays efforts;

Its a lovely inquisitive Magpie who knows quality when they see it not a bloody Crow ('Raven'... 'Blackbird'.. orrible things)

-Biohazard rocks.

-Factory packaging is almost undamagable so safe there. 2-3 weeks to WA.

-I got the Carbon open s/o , would not recommend full system without fuel management. I'll be getting the header later.

-Antiseize is included for the threads.

-Full pictorial instructions, covers all types.. EC Ally s/o, Carbon open s/o, and full system.

-Wondered if I'd have to call in a 50 ton crane to take the stock muffler away, its soo heavy... its got a catastrophic converter up the guts of it.

-The Akra is featherweight.

-Look at the bracket in my pic.. thats the shape of the exhaust.. even sexier than a Yoshi, and the slash cut end is perfect. and all other systems are too long or too short (fussy aint i!?)

-s/o uses original Honda graphite gaket that stays on the Hondas header.

-It really is just the hanger bolt and the exhaust clamp. half an hours work.

-I disconnected battery while I did it.

- Make sure you put the carbon bracket to the outside of the rubberised footpeg hanger, different to the stock muffler and different to the EC type.

-Push it all the way onto the header, and spend time lining it up nicely before tightening anything, then tighten, then losen a bit, start the bike, (try not to spill ya beans at the aural pleasure) then tighten the clamp and the hanger bolt as it warms up.

-DB insert comes installed.. its not as loud as I'd thought it would be, but it did get louder as the day went on... no where near earplug stuff, you should never have to wear earplugs on a bike for your own noise, earplugs are for speeds no cbr250 is ever capable of.
idle is quiet enough for the neighbours. At my trackday it will be noise tested I think but thats not till december.

-Bike shop loved it and said to try without the insert, my guess is that the sound will be deeper at high revs.. if its too loud i'll put it back in.
The service tech is gonna cane my bike up the road for me to hear it go past under load.

-Best way to describe the sound is like a '99-'03 Yamaha TRX850 sporstbike with carbon system and one cylinder missing... the overun is just as nice too, but cleaner due to the Hondas fuel injection... no popping.

-Just as the dyno charts show... from the bottom the bike has big torque gains.. (for a gutless bike anyway) that orrible flatspot at 4000-5000 is now progressive and faster straight to 7000. Roll ons from 100kph do not require going back to 5th gear like b4.

-There is no loss of top end like all the other systems.. this one gains ( all be it only minor), b4 it would show 157kph on the flat, now 161kph and I'm 80kg and 182cm tall, but..... most of that is being able to get out of the tight corner onto the straight quicker IMO, top speed is same 163 kph.

-Or this could be that the bike is now 5% lighter lol.

-I cleaned the pipe of all marks with Inox and its gone a lovely gold colour when I returned from the 100km blast today.

I'll report what its like without the insert but feel that it may be worse in a few ways (which I'll explain when its done)

:)

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
sent you an invoice for an extra $50 .. thanks for paying extra :D
Ha! remember I declined the discount coz I'm lazy and couldnt be stuffed with another email and redeeming a code.. AND the Aussie $ went from its best to its worst in yrs hehe... then ya went and released the fender eliminator a week later that I'll have to order now.

All good :)

Get that 'Bikers' stuff from Thailand and you'll have thousands of customers from this site too.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well Aufit, you did not dissappoint. You covered everything I was wondering about and as a bonus everything you covered was to my satisfaction. Except one minor detail (my buddies moto guzzi pops on decel. and I kinda like it) but besides that I think I am sold. I'll probably wait til spring, it will give me something to look forward to if I get too familiar with my bike in the meantime. You have got to be the smartest troll ever. Maybe I should start a thread to get you adopted into the human species. Nah...you probably wouldn't like that anywho.

(A few gratuitous Aufitt spottings for the bored out there)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Interesting. I didnt experience any difference with silencer. Felt like same bike but louder.
I can tell you removing will take it into earplug area. You also get more popping/ back firing esp when decelerating.
Also be very careful when removing to not drop the screw in the muffler like i did. (der).
Also i felt like i lost a little in upper range after removing insert. I was having to go into redline to get same pull. Once i reset ecu the powerband came back in the upper mid range and i felt happy again.
Its a great exhaust though. Still waiting on [email protected] to hook up a fuel box so i can hit the dyno and get her tuned.
Long wait.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I disagree on the full exhaust, Its fine on the stock fuel management.

I have the arrow front pipe and M4 SS, every other exhaust is too big, I love my teeny M4

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Just took the insert out.

Used a 4mm allen key, didnt drop the screw in there lol.. I see full well how HoPmix did, be careful.

Started up... 100000000000 x LOUDER .. unsociably loud, all the dogs in the neighbourhood are still barking mad and doing 3 spins per second.

Rode it, doughy and non responsive.. engines need backpresssure.. Akra has done their homework.

Coated it, and the screw in Never seize so Its removable for when I repack the exhaust in a few years, and happily put it back in.

Removing the insert is for squids and it would also make all the packing fall out in no time.

Sorted.

'Reasonably' quiet aftermarket exhaust.

You could make it quieter or louder buy lenghthening/cutting the insert but its about right as it is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
none yet.. distributor still does not list it so i dont know when / if they will have them
yes you can add header later .. you could also use arrow header.
it will work with stock map but would run better with some fuel mapping..
@BIOHAZARDCYCLES

Tom, do you know off hand what the weight savings are roughly on the stock header pipe vs. an aftermarket one like the Arrow (or the Akrapovic)?

@Aufitt

Have you had a chance to hear a Yoshi pipe in comparison? If so how would you compare loudness Yoshi vs. Akra? I've always liked Yoshi pipes, but this Akra is growing on me with all the pluses!!

Thanks all!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bio I would like to know the price including the optional header pipe(its already available on the website) here where I am in Indonesia the Fullsystem is $882:mad: If you guys sell it cheaper I would rather buy from you guys.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
PM sent Toffgib, My Youtube should be up this weekend.

As for price guys just send Tom an email, great guy to deal with and half the price you'd get this exhaust anywhere.

I'm not a brand Nazi but its an Akrapovic at the same price as the cheap type Yoshi's.
Why consider anything else?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
bio i would like to know the price including the optional header pipe(its already available on the website) here where i am in indonesia the fullsystem is $882:mad: If you guys sell it cheaper i would rather buy from you guys.

the usa distributor still doesnt stock the header h-h25r1/1 yet.. Sorry..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Akrapovic Video

Aufitt and HoPMiX, how does this compare to the sound of the carbon fiber Akrapovic slip-on? (video below) The description doesn't indicate if the silencer is installed or not- what do you think? My carbon slip-on will be here shortly, just anxious to get an idea of how it actually sounds under load in a drive-by since all of the other vids on YouTube are at a standstill. Thanks!
-L

41 - 60 of 113 Posts