Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I just got all excited after hearing the best cbr system ever, not too loud and looks as good as a Yoshi.. then I checked the price-

2011 - More Power Racing

$2000.00 ! wtf?

They do have a low price gaurantee on that website tho, worth looking into.

·
Registered
999 Posts
That has to be a mistake.
The carbon pipe and stainless pipe are both listed at $2000.
The optional header pipe is listed at $2000 as well.
If you're interested in this pipe I would call and get the real price because there is no way a slip on or even a full system should cost that much for a 249cc single.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Spoke to a salesperson just now, price is 510 USD with free shipping to the US for the carbon fiber slip on. The optional header isn't available yet.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Biohazard has better price. Check him out.

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
I'd say the Ackro is more throaty. Not necessarily louder

·
Premium Member
4,284 Posts
Both are good systems so you can't go wrong with either one. Yosh is similar sounding but a bit higher pitched. Depends on which sound you want to go with and the price you're willing to pay. Also both systems are great looking on the 250. I have the Yosh carbon fiber full system and love it, also find it pleanty loud enough with the baffles still in.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
If you want it loud then you are a squid who will just add to destroying motorcycling for all of us eventually.

If so try the Akra without the insert.. it is antisociably loud like the yoshi but sounds deeper due to its big internal diameter.

My bet is you will be sick of it after the first 100 metres and come home and put the insert back in and enjoy the nice sound the the rest of us Akra owners do.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
After installing akrapovic carbon slip-on,does it effects engine life?:confused:
Any pipe without sufficient backpressure will ultimately reduce engine life.
But you wont wear out a cbr engine any time in the next decade.
Ask me when Ive done 100,000km in ten yrs or so.
And just read the akra thread ive posted the link to previously.. all your questions have been answered a million times.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Guyz i'm gonna buy akrapovic for my baby blade,should i go with Just the exhaust or with header set?
I recommend getting the bolt on exhaust only because if you go with a full system (headers and all) you are going to alter your air/fuel ratio, then you would need to buy something like a Bazzaz ZFI tuning system to regulate the new fuel ratios.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
The truth about exhaust backpressure and torque

Backpressure is universally bad in a fuel injected engine, unless a chimp created the fuel map for your megasquirt.
Yes I should have said 'without tuning'

I have Akra and love it, the quietest aftermarket exhaust out there and the lightest, with quality that may only be surpassed by Hindle from what ive seen. but..

For interests sake I did one session with the insert out my Akra at the track the other day, glad to find out it was super slow, (yes its slow anyway but this was worse than stock) mushy, no response & stupidly LOUD.
I felt like a douchbag for that whole session with it screaming its head off and going nowhere even had to drop a gear coming out of the corners and couldnt pass riders I'd normally sail past thru the tighter parts of the track.

It likes the insert in.

·
Registered
540 Posts
That's rather odd Aufitt. Are you using one of the piggyback ECU mods? They do tend to need tuned every time something on the vehicle changes. Standalone management systems are much better. A microsquirt costs less than a z-fi and has everything you "need" included except the map sensor. Of course overall performance and economy would be better if you added a wideband o2 sensor as well.

More work obviously.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts