• Easy to install

·
Registered
Honda: INNOVA125i(2010); CBR250R(2013)
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cons
The low quality translates into two more cons
  • In not particularly serious accident, the rubber was torn (see photos in the attached gallery below).
  • All the electrical contacts are loose, and it is necessary to go over them all to ensure that the connections are stable, including soldering them as necessary (see photos in the attached gallery below).
What is broken can be glued, a broken electrical contact can be repaired.
"There is nothing new under the sun".
You pay for what you get. All in all, a good excellent set of winkers, and I'm just coordinating expectations (which is almost self-evident). Most of my purchases on AliExpress are good purchases, and I work with them a lot, and I am very satisfied with the price-to-value ratio!
Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel Motor vehicle Gas
Automotive tire Gas Automotive lighting Bumper Tire
Automotive design Automotive tire Door Fixture Gas
Writing implement Office supplies Wood Writing instrument accessory Natural material
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Bicycle wheel Bicycle part
Finger Wood Coil Gas Rim
Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Bicycle part Electrical wiring Bicycle fork
Pliers Electrical wiring Gas Cable Wire stripper
Audio equipment Gas Jewellery Auto part Wire
Office supplies Writing implement Material property Pen Wood

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...Are they LED or use a bulb? ...
It's just begging for a rear-end accident.
Yes. My AliExpress Winkers are with bulb.
Don't put yourself at risk, if you have the possibility to return the original tail light , then return the original tail light . If you have more time, it might be worth disassembling the LED tail light and following electrical loose connections or loose solders.

Defects in cheap products from AliExpress? The very cheap price is part of the method in which you get a high value in relation to very low cost. Sometimes there are "downfalls", because some of the saving elements are related to the lack of quality control, which leading to sale a broken products. As someone who regularly purchases products from AliExpress, I do the quality control myself immediately upon receiving the product, and if there is a problem, I open dispute and receive a full refund. In the case of my 4 winkers, the failed appeared at a later stage, and not one that cannot be repaired. But it's a "downfalls", obviously it's best to discover the fails first, then I'd either ask for a refund from AliExpress, or more likely in this case, I'd fix the electrical connections before assembling to the motorcycle (saving the work time of disassembly and repair). Overall, the winkers set gives good value for what its cost. Good set.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are times to be cheap and times to not be cheap.
...I bought a bootleg Brembo Corsa Corta brake caliper from ali-express ...
Those who always buy OEM do not "get involved" in this "problem"(y);):coffee:

Those who often buy parts according to the price and quality of the product, and not according to the brand (Like me), are acquiring a different kind of expertise, an expertise that helps them save a lot of money.

The quality differences arise from three reasons:
  1. The engineering design can be such that it is cheaper to manufacture (For example: Casting instead of manufacturing with a lathe).
  2. The cheap manufacturer eliminates the quality control department (or significantly reduces it).
  3. And of course there can be differences in the materials (Use of lower quality and much cheaper materials. For example: plastic instead of metal).
These three principles are applied in my winkers.

I don't know what about a Brembo brake pump, if I were to buy, I would compared it to the original pump, and do my tests. If I would come to the conclusion that I reject the product? so yes, it can happen that at my DIY quality control, I rejects the product if it is not normal, but it is really rare for me.
I decided against putting it on the bike.
OK(y)

• Helpful
Reactions: Mory

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another con other than the hyperflashing however, is that the metal they use for the threads rusts very easily. I don't mind it though.
Yes, it can happen, when there is no protective coating on the metal and it rusts. This is part of the issue of cheap price. And I completely agree that in this case it is really irrelevant, and your review about the product is good and convincing. In my opinion, there is no problem to assemble them and pass the licensing test with them, you just need to sort out the fast flashing thing as explained here - Link.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Negative: the costs of repeat buys and the labor to install.
That's why I explained what to look for when we buying the cheap Chinese flashers, and I recommended to go over the electrical contacts and strengthen them:
  • The electrical contacts
  • and the connector at the end of the wire.
And even when we DIY, there is a matter of limited working time, so from the 4 Chinese blinkers I installed, I repaired one, and in the second fault I went back to the originals in all three other places.
Of course I keep the ones I removed aside just in case of...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts