Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
As long as you don't hit them against an object, they should be fine. Are they LED or use a bulb? I find Electronic parts don't really last very long. My LED tail light goes on the fritz from time to time and because I can't see it while driving, It's just begging for a rear-end accident.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes. My AliExpress Winkers are with bulb.
Don't put yourself at risk, if you have the possibility to return the original tail light , then return the original tail light . If you have more time, it might be worth disassembling the LED tail light and following electrical loose connections or loose solders.

Defects in cheap products from AliExpress? The very cheap price is part of the method in which you get a high value in relation to very low cost. Sometimes there are "downfalls", because some of the saving elements are related to the lack of quality control, which leading to sale a broken products. As someone who regularly purchases products from AliExpress, I do the quality control myself immediately upon receiving the product, and if there is a problem, I open dispute and receive a full refund. In the case of my 4 winkers, the failed appeared at a later stage, and not one that cannot be repaired. But it's a "downfalls", obviously it's best to discover the fails first, then I'd either ask for a refund from AliExpress, or more likely in this case, I'd fix the electrical connections before assembling to the motorcycle (saving the work time of disassembly and repair). Overall, the winkers set gives good value for what its cost. Good set.
There are times to be cheap and times to not be cheap. Tail-lights and tires are two things to not be cheap with. I bought a bootleg Brembo Corsa Corta brake caliper from ali-express and while it looks to be of good quality, I decided against putting it on the bike.

Font Auto part Event Automotive exterior Cable

·
Registered
100 Posts
They're not exactly OEM, but they're pretty high quality for the price from what I've seen. I have bought a few different styles of cheap blinker sets and compared to OEM, they're a bargain. Being electronic as opposed to electric, you might have to replace them a few times over the life of the motorcycle. As a positive: they will always look fresh and modern. Negative: the costs of repeat buys and the labor to install. Personally I like going through the bike myself for repairs. It gives me a chance to get a good up-close inspection of my bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts