Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday morning, i take a ride on my cbr250 through mountain pass road to the near town. It's been a long time since i go to that town, and feel the curvy road on the mountain terrain.
Oh yeah, it's schools recess this few weeks so there's a lot of buses and cars through that road on the way to the beach nearby. Also some trucks that transport material.
Here's the story: when on my way to the town, there's no problem what so ever riding my bike smoothly and carefully. although i can feel small traffic jam cause the trucks isn't made to be nimble and agile on the mountain road. :p
But on my way back, with the downhill situation, i try to pick up some pace and ride around 80-100 kph. Then i met a few obstacle :rolleyes: such as 2 trucks, 2 cars, and 5 motorcycles. Its going well around 60-80 kph, but suddenly a car or truck make a left turn without any warning and sign :eek:, therefore i hit my brake hard and the the left main footstep hit my calf and it hurts. But luckily, i'm alright and just a small bruise. and finally safe back home. :D

The point is the brake on the bike is working great and manage to stop the bike from 60/80kph safely without going down and crash with other vehicles. And for the record my cbr250r is the non-abs type. i just glad everything is alright, also the brake working nicely.

·
Registered
576 Posts
glad all is well.
i also have the non abs and really like the braking.
very safe feeling doing a pre planned panic stop
which i have done several times just to see what it's
going to feel like if i do have to try to stop really
quick.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Glad you're well & I certainly agree with you that the brakes on C250R is excellent. BTW, I've a STD one too

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm happy to see that this bike has such good brakes. I bought mine with ABS to avoid a similar situation that happened to me, a few years ago. I was riding on a cloudy day (I had a Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic... I like smaller bikes with a great look!) and a car pile happened in my face. I had to stop rapidely from 90 km/h... both wheels locked and slipped... I was fast enough to release brakes and drive aside, avoiding the crash, but then, the decision was taken... my next bike would have ABS brakes.

I received my CBR250R/a last thursday (finally!) and, so far, I really like it! Brakes are very effective and powerful. The entire motorcycle is fun to drive too! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts