Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in getting started in riding motorcycles and love the honda cbr. When i saw that there was a 250 out I thought it would be at the very least a good starter bike for me. The only problem i see is that i read it was recommended for people up to 6'2" and i'm 6'4". I'm also 210 pounds. I've read around the forums a bit and have seen that other posters have, for the most part, been under 180. I was just wanting to assure myself that the cbr would be able to handle me lol. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
619 Posts
as long as you are comfortable on it, then it has plenty of power to get you around. I wear 34 inch inseam and US 13 boots, fits me good.:)

·
Registered
162 Posts
The CBR 250 can handle you as far as weight, but because of your weight I dont believe you will be able to ride 2 up (with a passenger) because of the max carrying capacity. Also you may very well be to tall for the bike depending on how long your legs are. I am 6'1 and I would not be comfortable on this bike if I was any taller. My knees come right up the edges of the fairings that stick out, so I would imagine riding at 6'3 would not be comfortable

·
Registered
56 Posts
The bike will handle your weight from a power perspective but my OPINION is that the suspension will be a little soft and the bike will be a little small for you unless you have a really short inseam. To be really honest you might be a little more comfortable on a used BMW G650 X-Country which can be adjusted to suit your height a little better and would probably put you more comfortably upright. It would also be very user friendly and a good learner bike. I'd check it out but you really can't go wrong with Honda's reliability. A big advantage to the 250 is that you can take the MSF class on it, you can't on a bigger bike.

·
Registered
3 Posts
no you will be fine

hey buddy... just to make u feel better im 6'2'' and like 275lbs... ive had my cbr250r for 3 weeks now and absolutely LOVE it!! its amazing bike and alot of fun.. still got plenty of power to have fun with too..

·
Registered
206 Posts
your first name would not happen to be Marge...would it?

·
281 Posts
Mathis! At 6'4" you are at the taller end of the user spectrum for sure. I don't think your weight is an issue at all. With your longer in-seam you may be a little too scrunched up. You should find a CBR250 and just sit on it and see how it feels for you with your feet up on the pegs.......I think you will know pretty quick...........not sure how much money you are willing to spend but something like a Kawi Versys would feel really good to you.............

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks

Thank you all for the great input! it's really appreciated. I'm definitely going to try to find someone around my area with a cbr 250 and see how i feel on it

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Kawi Versys, and have to agree. For a taller rider (6ft1 34 inseam) it fits nice. You can pick up a 2010 for not that much more than a 250r.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
max rider/riders weight with a full tank of gas is like 389 lbs so at 300 you are good to go as far as the weight goes...i am 220 and my gf isnt 100 lbs so she is kinda po'd that she wont be riding with me when i go lol at 6'4" I would try to find one to sit on to see if I was uncomfortable or not before committing to buy one

·
Registered
636 Posts
youll be fine.. im not as tall as you but weigh 200 pounds..im 5"10', but ive got a buddy at 6'4" 250 - 260 and he rode the bike and thought it was great..hope this helps you out..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts