Honda CBR 250 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Americade 2012 motorcycle festival is coming up June 4-9 at Lake George NY, USA 12845. $20 for a day pass to one of the worlds biggest motorcycle accessory manufacturer Expos and Demo days. I plan to get up early for the 4 hour ride to get there by 9:00AM on Wednesday June 6th to sign up for some test rides.. My rain dates could also be the 5th or 7th. I am hoping the new NC700X will be there and it would be fun to take a 600RR for a spin and then jump on a PCX scooter.
Every helmet, jacket, glove, boot, ever made to try on in one place while you are waiting for your appointments for the rides. See you there.
Americade is the world's largest motorcycle touring rally! Located in Lake George, New york.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I'm going to try for Thursday. I'm going to see if I can bring one of my friends so I don't have to go alone. It's a five hour drive at least for me....lol. Wednesday is sadly impossible due to a final presentation that night.:(

I want to see and hopefully ride the NC700X and V-Strom.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
It sounds like a great time. I'm not quite experienced enough to make the trek from Chicago to Lake George, but maybe next summer we'll make it our vacation. Take pics!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are telling me at ADV that there is a poor chance of getting a demo ride without being a full week attendee in order to be standing in line for the sign ups at 7:30. There is no way for a day pas rider to get their pass and get inside before 8:30 as day registration open at 8:00 at the Holiday Inn and you still have to ride up a couple blocks from there to even get into the parking lot. I will still go to check out the vendors even if I can't get any demo rides. Maybe I should purposely choose the rainiest day to go so the crowds will be less.
Americade 2012: advice/xperience needed - ADVrider

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Haha!

Yes, it is really nice to be able to just ride there. They had a Gerbing setup there as well where I got to try my heated gloves beforehand. They are really helpful and it is really convenient to try on new gear first. It's only 10-15 minutes from the heart of the city as well.

They practically know me now.:p I keep bringing them new customers.:)

I recently picked up a summer jacket from the as well. The new Rev'it Airwave with the hi-vis strips.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just talked to Americade and they said there is no way to get a day pass any earlier than 8:00 so this gives the pre registered, week long visitors an hour head start for standing in line to sign up for the bike demos. But I will still want to go to look at the gear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Day pass

You can get a day pass for just one day prior-to but you have to do it in person. I live about 25 minutes a way and plan to get a pass on Tuesday for Wednesday. That's what I did last year.

Tony

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
452 miles to Americade and back yesterday. 42F and thick fog on the way up in the early morning. 48F and pelting rain for 2 hours on the way home in the dark. The CBR250R is a left lane super highway mileage machine. But who would have known I would be begging for some heated grips in June (USA summer). Need to get my HID conversion and aux led lights on as well. Demo rides are all booked up by 7:30AM. No way for a day tripper to get in line in time to sign up or I would have tried one of the 3 VFR1200's. They also had plenty of Gold Wings, a crazy VT1300, a CB1000F naked street fighter, and two CBR250R's which never sat still. If no riders wanted it in any given group, the ride leaders (Mostly female) would grab them. One guy on the 1000 rode a wheelie so they stopped the whole group, took his keys, and made him sit there on the side of the road until the Honda truck showed up with another rider to bring the bike back and give him a ride in the sag wagon.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts