Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm based in Thailand and from what I've seen only the American models seem to have a pretty accurate speedo. Most people in the US say it's about 1% optimistic. This is probably due to the lack of regulations with regards to such in the US compared to the other main markets.

Can you tell us what speed it shows in MPH at 6000rpm?

On other models it shows the following at 6000rpm:

In 5th gear it shows 87kph which is 54mph.
In 6th gear it shows 100kph which is 62mph.

In 6th gear at 7000rpm it shows 117kph which is 72mph.

What MPH do you see at these RPM, if you've noted?

Cheers.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I'm not sure exactly but I believe around 6k in 6th gear I'm closer to 55 mph or so.

·
Registered
54 Posts
What is curious about my US model is that it maxes at 78mph on the level or down a long straight hill, at least according to the speedo. Even if the bike was governed, it should go faster downhill, so is the speedo reading clamped?

·
Banned
1,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What RPM is that at? Seems odd as even with a limiter I've read of US models hitting the low 90s when maxed out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
What is curious about my US model is that it maxes at 78mph on the level or down a long straight hill, at least according to the speedo. Even if the bike was governed, it should go faster downhill, so is the speedo reading clamped?
Strange, as I recall, mine will still pull (very slowly) on a low uphill grade at 80+. Tucked with stock everything. I will pay closer attention to it on my way home from work today.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Confirmed speed. Tested on slightly inclined straight highway, stock bike, tucked, no wind or traffic. Starting speed was 70 mph( 6th gear ), pulled slowly to 85 mph with some left. Didn't get the tach numbers due to the sudden apperance of a highway patrol:eek:! Lucky for me, I knew him:D. Got off with a "verbal warning";). We spent 10 min talking about the bike and he was impressed with numbers( 75+mpg, 85+mph, $4000 ):cool:. Some one was looking out for me:rolleyes:. Might get your bike checked out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is Acura's most cost-effective mode to reach the automotive market in 1986. Rechristened RSX in North America, 130 hp @ 6,000 rpm and 121 lb / ft @ 5000 rpm, with five-speed automatic manual/4-speed.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I was between 82-85 on I40 over weekend..full throttle/level straights...started getting faster on downhills obviously..I was sitting upright..not tucked...wind at that speed on your chest/head is brutal......and my GPS and speedometer both read exactly the same

1 - 14 of 14 Posts