Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

·
Super Moderator
2,027 Posts
imgur works for me; I've shifted key stuff there and closed my photobucket account after deleting everything.

From imgur:

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is an issue with Imgur as their Terms of Service state:

Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network.
If you are looking to post images here, using the on site uploader is the safest bet.

- JB

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I'm amazed that Photobucket would make such a move with so little notice (they did email me the day before, but that was it.)
Being notified that 3rd part hosting of my images would now cost me $400 per year really struck me as an attempt to hold my pictures "hostage" until I ponied up $39 a month.
I'm not sure why they think that this won't result in most users fleeing to sites like Imgur that still offer free 3rd party hosting, but replacing every photo you've ever posted with a "placeholder" (and in my case that involves HUNDREDS of photos since I moderate another website and have used Photobucket for years now) sure doesn't make one predisposed to accept their offer instead of finding one of the many alternatives.

·
Super Moderator
6,925 Posts
I use iPhoto from my computer to upload those photos that I choose to share... it's simple, easy, and most importantly my photo album is not "out there" on the web for any and all to see.

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys,

You can choose what you would like to do in terms of switching over to another hosting site - just be cautious and mindful that it may only be a matter of time til they follow suit (to what Photobucket did).
The instructions provided above is a temporary fix that we can offer at the moment to help restore your images until we have a more concrete solution soon.

Moving forward, we highly recommend that you use the Attachments tool within your User CP and Photo Gallery to host your images on our site here. I've gone ahead and increased the storage space from 1 MB to 5 MB to better accommodate your pictures.

Furthermore, for Chrome users we came across an extension that will enable you to see the broken images hosted from PB. Another temp fix for now (who knows how long it'll hold up) but here it is -
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bifiaedg?hl=en <- click on that link and do the following:

Add Ext > open the added ext at the top right corner of your browser "P" > select Manage Ext > tick off the box for both Allow in Cognito and Allow access to file URLs > refresh link of affected images to see they're visible again!

If you have further questions or concerns about any of this, please let us know - we're here to help you. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cute pic! :p

Let us know if you guys need any assistance. Also, we are still waiting on a permanent fix for all this. Thank you again for your continued patience and understanding on this matter.

Cheers,
Natalie

·
Administrator
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only issue with hosting images off site is that they may eventually follow suit with PB. If you want to ensure the images you post here, stay here, use the attachment manager to post directly to your replies.

- JB

1 - 12 of 12 Posts